Forums

Help › Forums

messaging other players on new desktop update?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 10 2019 11:37 AM (21 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 4:18 PM

adaputter:
    message them is on players wall

And if you need to keep whatever private, posting a request on their wall that they send you a PM, you could then access it and carry on a private conversation. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 4:55 PM

One thing clubs can do is create a facebook group. You can PM anybody in that group

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 1:40 AM

The top navigation menu is a little different compared to our flash enabled pages.

How about 'messages' or 'log out'?

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 2:11 AM

adaputter:

JimbeauC:

On mobile and the new non-flash pc app, people can't initiate a PM simply because the "Send Message" button is flash coded. However you CAN respond to an existing message. Find any place where you can input a url and...

https://www.wgt.com/user/conversations/default.aspx

You will see existing messages and be able to reply to them. If a mobile player in my CC needs to PM me, I just send them a PM that they can then reply to with whatever it is they need to communicate. 

This really only applies to mobile at the moment, as the non-flash pc app just uses normal browser windows. WGT will eventually have to address this, but really all they need to do is recode the "Send Message" button. (as well as the other buttons on profile pages, I assume.)

I suggested to WGT CS that they simply put a link button for the above. Nope. 

looks like only way to message them is on players wall?

Try going to your friends page, scroll down to "Activity" and click "view all", in my case i can then see the "block challenges", "send message" and "remove friend"-boxes just below "golfer profile".

Bjorn

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 3:42 AM
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 4:37 AM

Not sure why you deleted your post Marchie, but that is a page from the flashless WGT.com accessed via the free credits button from the 'early access' game.

P.S. Love your profile pic by the way, must be something to do with that hat, lol.  ; )

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 8:16 AM

ScottHope the comment I deleted was asking how you had gotten that page in your pic from within the game but I figured it out. Although I was only able to get to that page by either clicking on the “Earn Coins” button or by clicking on my silver or gold coin amounts to buy more and it was redirected to WGT.com. 
    The thing is that it sends you to a slightly different WGT.com than if you just went into a browser and looked it up because it’s missing the ”flash” sidebar on left of screen and as you pointed out the headings are in different locations. I’m not sure if this is because WGT is trying to fully move away from any “flash” based functions seeing as it will eventually be ending. I am also curious as to what their plan is for the whole “Message” system because like you said there is a “Message” button in the “Account” pull down, but it only allows you to send or receive messages that have already been started as this does not require ”flash”. You however cannot initiate or start a new message :( 

FYI (at least on my PC with Firefox browser) if you click on the “log out” it sends you back to the original WGT.com page which does have the “flash” sidebar. You need to have a “flash” add on installed on your browser but If you then re login on that side bar it loads your friends list and also gives the option to send a message to someone from their profile page again. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 9:08 AM

Although the flashless WGT site looks different to the one we know, all the stuff we used to have is still there, it's just hidden by a new stylesheet that WGT have added.

The messaging system is almost certainly tied up with flash, as my interest in what goes on under the hood of a webpage has lead me to believe that sending a message on here involves the use of function calls to a flash object. Not saying anymore on that as I may end up looking even more stupid, lol.

I'm sure that WGT have got plans for a new flashless messaging system, after all, they have given us a new flashless game.

As you say Marchie, logging out is one way to get back to a flashed WGT where we can send messages, and that's probably the easiest way round it.

⇩ EDIT : Thank you ada. ; ) ⇩

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 2:25 PM

thx scott , and marchie loging out was the way to go thx

ada

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 7:10 PM

I am an old thickey, the young wife has set me up to keep it simple lol. Ok the real question is......when we have to fully moved over to the " dark side " ( The Mobile site ) will we lose anything that we have on the Pc version, as i cannot see how we can save a replay of a great shot which we might hit.

Mick

RSS