Forums

Help › Forums

messaging other players on new desktop update?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 10 2019 11:37 AM (21 replies)
  • adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 1:43 PM

i can get to other players profile page but i cannot see where to send them a message

ive looked but i cannot see how to send one

if you know how please share  how to do it 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 1:52 PM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:04 PM

adaputter:

i can get to other players profile page but i cannot see where to send them a message

There is NO messaging from within the game on either the mobile app or new “early access” PC version of game. The only place you can send messages from is from this site WGT.com.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:13 PM

This only applies to desktop PC... it may depend on the mobile browser being used, but most of the time... if you go to a players profile in a browser you don't even see the prompt to send a message.

I believe he was referring to the scaled down profile window, when you click on one of your friends within the game (early access or mobile).  That is not a full blown profile window/ page, but rather a scaled down snapshot of your friends profile and it doesn't allow you to send or initiate a message from there. 

It also doesn't allow you to change your status either.  You remain on whatever status (available, busy, ready, hidden) you left it as the last time you were on desktop PC. 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:38 PM

TopShelf2010:

adaputter:

Unless I am mistaken, you only see the Send Message tab when that player is on your Friends List.

Don

i am trying to send a message to a player on my friends list?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:48 PM

Adaputter which version are you trying to do this from? The original Flash pc version or the new “early access” pc version?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:54 PM

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 3:43 PM

pc flash version

but the desktop update

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 3:56 PM

On mobile and the new non-flash pc app, people can't initiate a PM simply because the "Send Message" button is flash coded. However you CAN respond to an existing message. Find any place where you can input a url and...

https://www.wgt.com/user/conversations/default.aspx

You will see existing messages and be able to reply to them. If a mobile player in my CC needs to PM me, I just send them a PM that they can then reply to with whatever it is they need to communicate. 

This really only applies to mobile at the moment, as the non-flash pc app just uses normal browser windows. WGT will eventually have to address this, but really all they need to do is recode the "Send Message" button. (as well as the other buttons on profile pages, I assume.)

I suggested to WGT CS that they simply put a link button for the above. Nope. 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 4:07 PM

JimbeauC:

On mobile and the new non-flash pc app, people can't initiate a PM simply because the "Send Message" button is flash coded. However you CAN respond to an existing message. Find any place where you can input a url and...

https://www.wgt.com/user/conversations/default.aspx

You will see existing messages and be able to reply to them. If a mobile player in my CC needs to PM me, I just send them a PM that they can then reply to with whatever it is they need to communicate. 

This really only applies to mobile at the moment, as the non-flash pc app just uses normal browser windows. WGT will eventually have to address this, but really all they need to do is recode the "Send Message" button. (as well as the other buttons on profile pages, I assume.)

I suggested to WGT CS that they simply put a link button for the above. Nope. 

looks like only way to message them is on players wall?

RSS