Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Live Series

Fri, Nov 15 2019 7:59 PM (20 replies)
  • DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 9:30 AM

When will we hear an official announcement regarding the forthcoming WGT Live Series - including places where we can watch streams etc?

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 1:06 PM

SamSpayed:

No.

Check Young46's Facebook feed.

Here's the verbatim copy:

If you missed yesterday’s announcement on stream: I’m excited to announce I’ve accepted an invitation to play in the inaugural WGT Live Series!

The event will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ Noon EST. 10 players will be simultaneously playing a private tournament that will be streamed/hosted by Super League.

This will be the first of many invitationals & qualifiers that will be hosted both live in-person and via stream. Great to see WGT hopping on the esports train!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 6:58 AM

There was a banner on the WGT site last week that said something about a NEW  "WGT Live Series Preseason"

It basically said something to the effect of clicking on the link to go to a qualifying event, but when you clicked on it it just went to the regular Wgt Tournament page. The banner was taken down a day or two later. I don't have a screen shot and cannot find online.

Here is a link to another thread asking about it.

4129581.aspx

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 9:56 AM

It sounds like it went from a qualifier to an invitational event.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 11:35 AM

SamSpayed:

It sounds like it went from a qualifier to an invitational event.

Yes it is an invitational event,as i know of at least 3 players from my CC that have been invited.They obviously want to set out for it to be a great success being as it's a first event,hence why they have invited elite players to take part in the first event.But let's face it even if it was a qualifier you would still see the same names fill these spaces anyway lol.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 12:30 PM

russellfahey:
    But let's face it even if it was a qualifier you would still see the same names fill these spaces anyway lol.

maybe, and no disrespect here, but how many would have guessed malini4life would have been in Vegas?  I wasn't as familiar with him and I was impressed with his play.

yes, there are favorites... but we all know the game is fickle and on any given day surprises can happen.  

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 1:53 PM

To be fair, the original banner did say “PRESEASON” so WGT might be treating the first event as an Exhibition series, inviting known, established players to help promote the series. As well it could be used to iron out any kinks in the process or event and once it’s running smoothly it gets rolled out fully. 
    The only issue I really have is the banner also said (paraphrased) “Click here to enter qualification tournament” which would imply that it was open to all players and not for handpicked individuals. The link did not go to what it was supposed to go to either. 
    So WGT changed their mind OR there were problems so they changed the format OR ??? No one really knows as the banner was removed and NOTHING was said or communicated about it. And if certain members have been invited it has only been told to them or maybe I just missed the NEWS announcement. 😖 
    Just seems like a bad communication on the part of WGT! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:38 PM

el3n1:

maybe, and no disrespect here, but how many would have guessed malini4life would have been in Vegas?  I wasn't as familiar with him and I was impressed with his play.

yes, there are favorites... but we all know the game is fickle and on any given day surprises can happen.  

You're not wrong and also not many expected Simon to beat both Mags and Young and win it. 

WGT Live Series Preseason.  Compete for your spot in a live streamed event.  Play now click here to tee off.  

So they post that anyone can enter while they talk to the "elite" players about who should take part. Could be fun when we see the list ;-)

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 11:41 AM

another "invitation" only bs event.  All invites going to "streamers" ... most of the people on the list only stream occasionally ...

ALL tourneys of this kind should have a qualifiers.

I will be streaming when this is plays ... and will NOT watch/participate!

https://www.twitch.tv/OMP_Cyclops

RSS