Forums

Help › Forums

StickBallGang looking for members

Sat, Nov 9 2019 9:04 AM (8 replies)
  • Willco60
    95 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:52 PM

StickBallGang Country Club looking for members.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 1:48 PM

"Stickball"...

Thought you might be a bunch of guys from Philly, PA.  Google it.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 3:35 PM

Willco60:

Hi there, we are StickBallGang Country Club and are looking for enthusiastic golfers to join our club.  We are a fairly new Club ...July 15 2019,and we are advancing fast and would like players who would like to compete and also players who want to play just once a day.  We are young enough that players who advance with us will be founding members of our Club that has nowhere to go but up.

You can request a membership or email a reply to this post.

Thanks for your consideration,

Willco60.....I'm the welcoming committee :)

So  do I have to airmail blood to join ? \@@/

• Willco60
    95 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:16 PM

LOL....no blood please, just come on over and join....if you want to play a couple of holes first, great....just friend request me...Willco60, hope to see you soon

• Willco60
    95 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:24 PM

pmm711:

"Stickball"...

Thought you might be a bunch of guys from Philly, PA.  Google it.

lol....At times you would certainly think we are...

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:28 PM

Yo Paul,

Philly kid here. We played stickball,  hoseball, wireball, halfball, stepball and many others. If you could throw it and hit it with a broom handle you could play ball in the street. If you were upper crust you played wiffle ball but you had to buy them. LoL

Ahh the good old days of cheese steaks and hoagies.

DJ7

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:35 AM

DufferJohn7:

Yo Paul,

Philly kid here. We played stickball,  hoseball, wireball, halfball, stepball and many others. If you could throw it and hit it with a broom handle you could play ball in the street. If you were upper crust you played wiffle ball but you had to buy them. LoL

DJ7

John,  I grew up in Delco but it all started at 58th & Chester Ave.  My brothers and I took more than enough heat for cutting the handles off of my dad's for a new bat.  Those were definitely the days.  You still there?  I'm now in Atlanta, GA.  My sons never took to the game.  Thanks for those memories!  Paul

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 7:09 AM

DufferJohn7:

Yo Paul,

DJ7

Haven't had a decent Webber in a long time.....

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 9:04 AM

Paul,

Still have family in South Jersey. Was born in North Philly, moved across the river to Camden when I was in second grade.  Went back to West Philly for college. (UPenn).

Now living in exile in the progressive utopia of California. Avoiding fires without water or electricity but can camp on sidewalks. And we're a sancuary state. Had the choice of an excellent well paying job here or unemployed back East. I've lived to regret it. LOL

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

Edited to add if you know Camden you understand why I claim Philly as home.

RSS