Forums

Help › Forums

Lived through this, can live through anything

Wed, Nov 6 2019 8:03 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:43 PM

Freaking out driving on the way to a high school dance after a football game when a guy in the back seat said he had a joint. Pulled over and made him get out was so scared.  LOL

circa 1969

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:49 PM

red bud , gold bud , meshmakan ,---- monkey paw with mushrooms , boat bottom and wisscon dank , paper and sugar cubes , just to name a few . the brew and shots and lines on the bar , coke for breakfast and hash for dinner for a start , Bla Bla Bla .  taking a trip and never leaving the farm . knowing enough that what state of mind it is time , park the golf cart and walk the back 9.

OPY

Edit :  and then 10 years ago I found a 3 letter word , or a 2 word quoit  " epic " .it could be flash backs or time of change as the 90 sec shot clock runs down , 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 7:11 PM
    Two ex-wives! Hell doesn't scare me anymore!
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:49 PM

twinponds169:

television before cable and HD....... communication before the internet and cell phones......riding in cars without child safety seats or airbags.......being born to a mother.......drinking water from the tap in a glass.........riding my bike without a helmet........walking 2 miles to the local bowling alley arcade area to play a video game like Centipede or Asteroids before we got Atari Paddle Pong.........the sun without sunscreen.......egg salad sandwiches in my brown paper lunch bag for 5 hours before school lunch and no salmonella.......disco........lead based paint everywhere.......whole milk.......finding our way with no GPS..........playing all the way across the street from my house without my parents being reported for child neglect.........having more fun outside than inside........

and on and on and on....  lol

Dam Twinponds, I agree with everyone of those, also working on building sites without helmets, boots, Google’s, gloves etc.

Now the world has gone H&S mad!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 10:28 PM

twinponds169:

television before cable and HD....... communication before the internet and cell phones......riding in cars without child safety seats or airbags.......being born to a mother.......drinking water from the tap in a glass.........riding my bike without a helmet........walking 2 miles to the local bowling alley arcade area to play a video game like Centipede or Asteroids before we got Atari Paddle Pong.........the sun without sunscreen.......egg salad sandwiches in my brown paper lunch bag for 5 hours before school lunch and no salmonella.......disco........lead based paint everywhere.......whole milk.......finding our way with no GPS..........playing all the way across the street from my house without my parents being reported for child neglect.........having more fun outside than inside........

and on and on and on....  lol

OMG! Beautifully described! LOL Been there, done that. All of them!

You forgot only one thing : asbestos drywalls and ceilings everywhere. ;-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 8:01 AM

Image result for beepers and pay phones

Image result for aol original logo

Imagine WGT on dial up.  LOL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 8:03 AM

YankeeJim:

Freaking out driving on the way to a high school dance after a football game when a guy in the back seat said he had a joint. Pulled over and made him get out was so scared.  LOL

circa 1969

And you know I'll never forgive you for that.

• PAGES
RSS