Creating Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:02 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:49 AM

Thanks guys for clarifying that.

I did not come on here to bash Black Diamond or Jack. I have several friends in the club and we always have fun playing AS. 

This is the only club I've been in where I could'nt create my own tournament, Almost all are created or made by the owner,  and IMO had the same flavor.  That's ok, it's his club; but I would not have joined it if I knew he did'nt trust any members except directors  to create a tournament.

Hence, I asked if there was a way for me to tell by looking at the member roll of a club. The other 3 clubs that I have been in , I had veteran status, as almost every one was, so I thought maybe that was the difference.

I will just have to ask when I ask to join another club.

I created my own, for interim and to see how it works and still keep putter & shot pal. I doubt I could play without it :-)

No hard feelings on my side Jack,  I wish you had'nt even got involved in this question

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 7:27 AM

jacktrade51:

Since I am the current "owner", I hate that term, of Black Diamond GC, I will respond.  Firstmrmax joined our club on October 1.

When we created the club 5 years ago, we had 2 trolls create 4 week tournaments and leave the club.  So we promptly responded by restricting tournament creation to directors.  I stand by that.

We have told all BD members we will create tournaments, to their specs if within reason, on request.

Tom.

I have to agree with Jack....I am also the club Owner (or Leader maybe a better word ..not fan of Owner title either)....And the reason we restrict to Directors only are multiple for 1 ...To many errors in set ups.....2 When you have a large club and "ANYBODY" can create tourneys ...the Customs that I have built for specific reasons(Ryder Cup or Team leagues Etc....) Will be used to often and use up all the Course builder tokens we have ....Not to mention the ridiculous amount of red tee tourneys that will surely be flooding the lobby we have enough of those now!! And 3.. MOST Important reason...We don't want a lobby with to many tourneys running at one time and  spreading the field too thin??? ...I feel there is a reason clubs have 5 and 6 directors?? That is the BENEFIT of earning a Director chair...But as Jack stated Members suggest tourneys they would like to see all the time  and we listen and and they get their wish almost always!! Some of our best Tourneys have come from members suggestions!!

Just my Opinion.....JD

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 2:03 PM

Thanks, JD.

Also on above comments ...

1.  Recruits in our club become members after 2-3 weeks if they've been playing.  If one hasn't been upgraded to member after 3 weeks, it probably means I'm unhappy with activity even by our relaxed standards.  (Club owners have to do this manually by player since recruit is default entry, so I constantly check.  I actually use the clashes as a reminder … oh, what about my new members.  If one sees a club with tons of recruits, owner isn't doing his job.)

2.  As AKD noted, our club also uses Veteran status to control use of superpasses in clashes.  I have discussed this frequently in our club forum so everyone in BD knows.  People that use them properly or (more importantly) know when not to use them, get the status.  So I have several veterans who don't play clashes, but they asked for the status.  (And I do not go back and grade them.  I have had crummy rounds with sp's.  The big thing is not to waste them when one is slaughtering or being slaughtered by the other team.)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 3:59 PM

jacktrade51:

Since I am the current "owner", I hate that term, of Black Diamond GC, I will respond.  Firstmrmax joined our club on October 1.

When we created the club 5 years ago, we had 2 trolls create 4 week tournaments and leave the club.  So we promptly responded by restricting tournament creation to directors.  I stand by that.

We have told all BD members we will create tournaments, to their specs if within reason, on request.

Tom.

I had one join and immediately setup a tournament for 1,000 credits. He was but a master and a booted Master after. I have see this before.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:02 PM

AlaskanDame:

op created his own club. . . . 

Hes with Nancy Now. Good luck

• PAGES
RSS