Forums

Help › Forums

Changing tiers

Mon, Dec 11 2023 12:50 PM (4 replies)
  • Whammo00
    11 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:06 AM

I am totally confused about tiers. I see so many Tiers at different levels that I can't figure it out. I am in Level 86 and have an Average Score of 77. My Tier is Tour Pro. Can any one tell me what I have to do to get moved up to Master? or at least how all this works? Thanks.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 9:25 AM

Mobile game is slightly different but here are the rules for laptop version:

What average do you need to Tier up, how many rounds do you need, and what is the effect of winning a Ready-Go or Match Play on your Average?

·                     When Hack average is equal or less than 100.00 you move to Amateur

·                     When Amateur average is equal or less than 80.00 you move to Pro

·                     When Pro average is equal or less than 72.00 you move to Tour Pro

·                     When Tour Pro average is equal or less than 67.00 you move to Master

·                     When Master average is equal or less than 63.00 you move to Tour Master

·                     When Tour Master average is equal or less than 61.00 you move to Legend

·                     When Legend average is equal or less than 60.00 you move to Tour Legend

·                     When Tour Legend average is equal to or less than 59.00 you move to Champion.

·                     When your Champion average is equal to or less then 57.00 you move to Tour Champion.  

BUT

Unless you win Ready Go Tourneys you need a certain minimum number of rounds played before you can move up to a higher Tier. This is commonly known as “saturation.” Rounds played on a Par 3 course, Par 5 course or any custom course do not count toward "saturation." Once saturation is reached WGT calculates your average based on the best rounds you have played in your current Tier. Both the minimum to get to saturation and how many rounds your average is based on is:   

·                     5 ranked rounds as Hack before reaching Amateur

·                     10 ranked rounds as Amateur before reaching Pro

·                     20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour Pro

·                     25 ranked rounds as Tour Pro before reaching Master

·                     40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master

·                     50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

·                     500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

·                     750 ranked rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion

·                     200 ranked rounds as Champion to reach saturation.

HOWEVER

If you win a Ready-Go or a Match Play against a higher tiered player your average will drop. Typically the drop is between 1 and 2 strokes. The exact formula WGT uses is unknown but it appears that 40 to 50 strokes are deducted from the total number of strokes you have played in your current Tier as a “bonus” for your win.

This bonus no longer applies once you reach Legend Tier and do not carry over once you move up a Tier.

These bonus strokes fade over time.  Specifically, based on observation it appears that upon saturation two bonus strokes are lost every time you score lower than your highest score WGT still has recorded as your best for your current Tier. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 3:06 PM

+1 to Edward's list!

Whammo00:
    I am in Level 86 and have an Average Score of 77. My Tier is Tour Pro. Can any one tell me what I have to do to get moved up to Master?

Looks like you play a lot of strokeplay which means that those numbers apply to you.

First of all, the level has nothing to do with your tier. It only allows access to the pro shop to spend money on better equipment.

Your average has to drop by 10 points - 67.00 would make you a Master. Before getting into the details, let me pose the questions if you really want to go there & if you know what it means?

Master tier will make the game more difficult for you - the tees move back from medium to hard. Thus, your low to intermediate clubs may not suffice to contend in that tier.
    In one word: Investment will be necessary!

If you are into that, you may want to improve your game now to eventually tier up.

For that purpose, only a small investment may be enough: Buy some cheap balls! The first Pro Shop item, B-ES @10 cr, is a start, Tour-SD @65 cr are better. Read the forum for more advice. Mind you, this means a steady bleeding, as they get lost and have a limited lifetime!

Other than that, some players became masters with less custom clubs than you ;) Thus, I guestimate some other issues in your game, perhaps shot accuracy or game management.

If you want, tell us what keeps your scores over 70? Do you hit the fairways? What about the short game, the putting?

We're out here to help you!

And, BTW, how do you play with a rental putter which has been overdue for half a year?

• cuddlesandmarble
    11 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 1:17 PM

Thank you i appreciate  all your help 

• Will01509
    127 Posts
    Mon, Dec 11 2023 12:50 PM

You have to get your average down to move to master if your in a club ask them to make members tourney to help get your average down to what you need to make master 

RSS