Help › Forums

Yanking shots when meter almost dead center

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 9 2019 10:46 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ju5tinZ
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 3:15 AM

I have run into this issue too much to believe it is an issue of perception, but instead must be one of coding. Across many rounds and using many clubs, and on two different PCs, I have found that if you get the meter *almost* perfect relative to the center mark--the tiniest bit off to where there's not even a gap between the mark and where you clicked--your player will yank or push the shot HARD, as if you were a good half inch away from center, instead of just being gently off center as you'd expect.

I can't see what else this could be but a bug and presumably it ought to be an easy one to trace and fix with testing.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 1:30 PM

Pay attention to where you have moved the aim triangle.  If you moved it 10 left at 180 yards and now it is now at 10 left at 60 yards, you will end up with it shooting way off to the left of target, same applies if the movement was to the right of target.  If it helps, draw yourself a picture of what I just said and see how much difference it makes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:25 PM

Ju5tinZ:
    , I have found that if you get the meter *almost* perfect relative to the center mark--the tiniest bit off to where there's not even a gap between the mark and where you clicked--your player will yank or push the shot HARD

Operative word "almost." There is no argument when you miss, anything goes, worse if you miss on the wrong side of the ding.  :-)

Might help understanding that to peep this...........http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/145845.aspx

• Ju5tinZ
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 12:37 AM

YankeeJim:

Ju5tinZ:
    , I have found that if you get the meter *almost* perfect relative to the center mark--the tiniest bit off to where there's not even a gap between the mark and where you clicked--your player will yank or push the shot HARD

Operative word "almost." There is no argument when you miss, anything goes, worse if you miss on the wrong side of the ding.  :-)

Might help understanding that to peep this...........http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/145845.aspx

While I do appreciate and understand this aspect of the WGT system, I feel it fails to explain the phenomenon I'm describing, because it is consistent in how badly it causes you to miss, not variable.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 7:59 PM

Ju5tinZ:

YankeeJim:

Ju5tinZ:

While I do appreciate and understand this aspect of the WGT system, I feel it fails to explain the phenomenon I'm describing, because it is consistent in how badly it causes you to miss, not variable.

I, for one, have never experienced this - beyond the usual variability in WGT shots - and I mis-ding a lot!

Maybe it is not the game.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:00 AM

Mishits are exaggerated in stronger winds, especially winds from the side. This happens even with the closest of mishits. Added spin also will help exaggerate control issues on mishits. With so many variables it is hard to tell if it is live or Memorex; i.e.human error or programming.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:38 AM

Ju5tinZ:

Something that has been very consistent all along in this game is how a shot reacts when you click on the wrong side of the ding-you get the full force of the wind. With putts, missing the ding on the downside of a break will always miss.It's the same way with a shot-you miss the ding on the side the wind is blowing to you get the full force of the wind and the ball flies in that direction. regardless of where you aimed.

Dings in crosswinds are brutal for me. The shot acts like you aimed 1/2 of what you should have but  miss the ding on the upwind side and you get a normal result.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:53 AM

umm. . . . .      what's a ding?

Cheers!

Rich

• Ju5tinZ
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 12:03 AM

This is all very true and good info, but it's important to note I have seen this yanking effect when putting as well as approaching the green.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 1:20 PM

Ju5tinZ:
    I have seen this yanking effect when putting as well as approaching the green.

That "yanking" is actually a foot break that gets commonly ignored or missed. You have to look at the first few feet of a putting line to make sure it doesn't start off in the wrong direction.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS