Forums

Help › Forums

new pc version updates

Mon, May 8 2023 10:57 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 5:18 PM

When a new update comes available, I have to uninstall the game and re-install, I've had to do it 3 times now. Is anyone else having this issue?

• WUISENRIKE
    1,228 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 7:11 PM

I ALSO WANT TO COMMENT THAT THERE ARE MEMBERS PLAYING IN MAC OPERATING SYSTEM. IS THERE ANY WAY TO PUT THIS NEW APPLICATION ON THESE EQUIPMENT?

THANK YOU

LUIS ENRIQUE

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:30 PM

DavStan:

When a new update comes available, I have to uninstall the game and re-install, I've had to do it 3 times now. Is anyone else having this issue?

Not Me. I don't log out though.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 12:00 PM

DavStan:

When a new update comes available, I have to uninstall the game and re-install, I've had to do it 3 times now. 

That's probably a good thing to do anyway.  Hopefully, when WGT releases new updates, they're making tweaks to their installer process and cleaning it up a bit.  Remember, this is an Early Access release.  Lots of changes are likely to be coming, not only to the user interface and game play, but also to how the game installs and runs on your PC.

• tessa47
    5 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:19 AM

what is going on with ultra slow greens it takes 3 putts to get to the hole   TESSA47

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 8:46 AM

tessa47:

what is going on with ultra slow greens it takes 3 putts to get to the hole   TESSA47

Shouldn’t do, if you’ve read your green speed and line right.

Look over there, you’ll find plenty of tips on putting etc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• petergroft
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 12:38 AM

Uninstalling and reinstalling is a good way to refresh all communications between the game and your device. While this isn't a sure fix for any specific error, it can be useful for a wide range of performance issues. 

Regards,
    Peter

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 6:27 AM

andwhy67:

tessa47:

Shouldn’t do, if you’ve read your green speed and line right.

Look over there, you’ll find plenty of tips on putting etc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What tessa said is correct.  You are playing a round and all of a sudden, after calculations, you putt and the ball just barely moves.  Next putt may or may not be normal again just like all the rest of the holes during the round.  Doesn't happen all the time, nor on the same hole every time.

But in answer to the OP.  I have never had to reinstall the game since first installed when PCEA first came out.  Nor after an update either.  The only time I have needed to reinstall was when I rebuilt this machine from being on Win 7 to now on Win10, even then I used the original link to the game to install.  And to another reply here, this game, from what I read, will work just fine on a Mac, from what I have read concerning.  Now running on certain Mac OS's not so much.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 6:41 AM

• Fist0Blister
    27 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2023 7:30 AM

I play on a iMac and the new version has worked great for the last 15 months.Easy install and yes the updates are done automatic upon launching the game.The Mac OS does run a little later after available on PC

• PAGES
RSS