• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:43 AM

disregard

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:26 PM

We absolutely discourage cheating. 

With that said: full screen is optional in the settings but in windowed mode it pushes elements off screen at the bottom. We're working on it. 

_CHAMPION 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:44 PM

Slimjim001:

I'll be interested how those who are currently using all those stand-alone shot and wind calculators (i.e. Kat's, Bilico's and VGG Caddy etc.) and other on-screen gadgets (ruler, wind clock face etc), will like the new WGT platform since it has a "full screen" feature (not optional) which covers the entire screen including the tool bar section at the bottom thus not accomodating a quick toggle option to use during a game for such attachments. Ya suppose WGT purposely designed it that way to discourage cheating?  Hmmm?

Sorry I wouldn’t call that cheating?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:55 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:58 PM

TopShelf2010:

Slimjim001:
    thus not accomodating a quick toggle option to use during a game for such attachments.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there already is a fix for this within these forums. Something has been created to allow users to adjust screen size to their own liking... thus allowing users to view their taskbar which in turn allows them to use whatever other programs they desire.

Don

That's the "Scott's tips" thread.

You will find and discover so many other useful, interesting stuff there. Definitely my favourite spot in the forums by far. Really fascinating!

Use SEARCH ☞☞☞

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 3:03 PM

Slimjim001:

Ya suppose WGT purposely designed it that way to discourage cheating?  Hmmm?

LOL ]Instead of worrying about stuff like that which ISN'T cheating, worry about the fact that the "whole" program is on an individuals computer, that is "if" you in fact know anything about cheating LOL!

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 11:21 AM

fatdan:

LOL ]Instead of worrying about stuff like that which ISN'T cheating, worry about the fact that the "whole" program is on an individuals computer, that is "if" you in fact know anything about cheating LOL!

this guy know what about he is talking ! when game turn to stand alone version till that day start cheaters invasion ! it will be much easier to code program and cheat at the game, like in all online multiplayers games.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 4:26 PM

New WGT Platform Discouraging Cheating?

Not sure about discouraging cheating, BUT, it is definitely discouraging any thoughts of continuing to play this game, when the time comes............

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 4:53 PM

Thread got me thinking. (Dangerous stuff right there.)

One difference in the new setup will make most if not all common autodingers unworkable. Not sure it would be wise for me to elaborate, as it would point something untoward out to a prospective cheater that could be used for the next year plus. 

"Hey. I hadn't thought of that. Cool: let me get to work."

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 7:07 AM

JimbeauC:

One difference in the new setup will make most if not all common autodingers unworkable. 

Absolutely not true....and i 'll take it a step forward by saying that the autodingers will be even more efficient!!

:)

• PAGES
RSS