Forums

Help › Forums

Fall Showdown Questions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 15 2019 8:28 AM (3 replies)
  • QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 3:27 PM

Just played in Fall Showdown and have some questions.

See I was in “rookie” division.  Was there a reason for this?  I’m a Legend and was playing level 14 Hacks up to other Legends.  Guess it was okay as all played from different tees, it just seemed odd.

I never saw anyone I played against listed on the leader board.  Were they playing in other divisions?  Again, this seemed odd.  People were asking me how I was doing.  Never could see their names listed on the board.

Not sure I understand the point of head to head in this format?  Fun to play matches I guess, but do that anyway in the coin rooms.  Really could care less about 100 coins.  It really seemed like the match was pointless as total score for each round is what counts for the tournament.  What am I missing?  (Not a complaint I just don’t get it)

Oh and as an aside, I got into a green side bunker on a par 3 at pine hurst.  I took a +4 on the hole as I left it in bunker 3 times.  Didn’t seem right (like I don’t think I miss hit) anybody else find that nasty place?  I was in 11th place through 13 holes before doing that.  Oh well no big deal!  

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:28 AM

You're not assigned to Rookie, you are able to choose between Rookie, Veteran, or Expert using the tabs at the top when you sign up for the Showdown. 

All players in your leaderboard are playing at the same level, in this case rookie. 

You do not necessarily match against those players in your head-to-head matches, but it is likely that you match against other rookies that are not on your specific leaderboard. 

_CHAMPION 

• QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:10 PM

Thx for the response.  Wonder if I was the only one that didn’t realize you were actually supposed to select a division to play in?  (That certainly didn’t jump out to me).  

So I played a few players that told me where they were in the competition (3 under as an example).  In every case, I never found their names listed on the leaderboard.  What do you mean that other rookies “are not on your specific leaderboard”?  Are there numerous Rookie leaderboards?  Again, just trying to understand how this works.  Thx again!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 8:28 AM

Each leaderboard in the Fall Showdown had up to 100 players. The top 50 would qualify for the next round. There were a number of leaderboards for each level of the Showdown. 

Since this was only the first Showdown, I expect we'll run ones with different leaderboard sizes, cut lines, and prize lists in the future. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS