Forums

Help › Forums

Unfortunate Showdown experience

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 15 2019 6:27 AM (2 replies)
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 7:51 AM

I'm starting the "back nine" four strokes off the cut line in the veteran pool, so I have some work to do.

I get paired up with a legend and off we go.  We both birdie 1, he pars 2 and I birdie.  The third hole is narrow landing with a 26-28 cross wind.  I land safely, but he plays it too far into the wind and rolls into the bunker.  I hit my approach and get a good bounce and end up within 6'.

He's still 174 out so he elects to just punch onto the fairway, which is fine.  However, his approach is a little wayward and ends up off the green.  Now, laying four, down a stroke, and still having to get up and down and me with a shorty, he forfeits.  Understandable, he had no chance to win.

But it's one of those times where the forfeit causes the "Unexpected Exception" error or whatever where you have to kill the app and restart.  After I restart, the match is just gone as if it was never started.  I'm going to play it out and hope I can make the cut, but I feel a little gipped as I would have had 6 holes back only 1 stroke.  Seems unfair given that this is an event paid with real money.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 9:50 AM

Given that the Showdown is over it looks like your grievances will go unanswered. FWIW I had three players forfeited during our matches (and on the last hole, no less!) but all I got was the standard message “Server is trying to reconnect” and I got reloaded onto the last hole, upon which I proceeded to play it out with no glitches at all. It certainly looks like you got a truly raw deal 😱

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 6:27 AM

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Screenshot-20191012-102833-WGT-Golf

Of course, when I went back and replayed the holes, I shot par on all three and ended up missing the cut by a stroke.  The other player forfeited on the last three holes, but it functioned properly and I was able to play it out and keep my score.  So it does work, but that crash that happens randomly when a player forfeits can rear it's ugly head.

RSS