Help › Forums

Country club bracket tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 27 2019 4:34 PM (2 replies)
  • scott03315
    17 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 2:15 AM

How do the initial 16 players get paired in the first round brackets

16 players all played and set scores individually. Then we're placed in brackets. 

My question is how are the positions picked? And why aren't the scores of first round play which were set before 2nd round brackets were determined used to make those determinations.

Everyone signed up for tournament and played 9 holes to post a score. I shot 4th best of 16 players and then looked at pairings (the bracket) to find I was paired with the player who shot the best score of the first round. How are those pairings determined and why don't the scores count towards qualifying in the tournament

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:54 PM

scott03315:

How do the initial 16 players get paired in the first round brackets

16 players all played and set scores individually. Then we're placed in brackets. 

My question is how are the positions picked? And why aren't the scores of first round play which were set before 2nd round brackets were determined used to make those determinations.

Everyone signed up for tournament and played 9 holes to post a score. I shot 4th best of 16 players and then looked at pairings (the bracket) to find I was paired with the player who shot the best score of the first round. How are those pairings determined and why don't the scores count towards qualifying in the tournament

Brackets are determined by signup order.

First to sign up is #1, 2nd is @2, ......16th is #16.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 4:34 PM

by order of sign up 1 plays 2 winner advances from that bracket

3 plays 4 winner advances and plays winner of 1/2 winner advances

bracket has two sides and the winners advance they meet in the middle

winner of left side plays the winner of right side... The winner of that bracket is winner of the bracket

RSS