Forums

Help › Forums

Fall showdown

Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:23 AM (39 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 1:01 PM

DarthMo0:
    You can view the prizes and tap on the ball and it shows they are L40 Titleist Pro V1, 675 Cr.

Thanks for the info... suspect the quality or type of ball will be dependent on which level you play.  

I didn't quite know or understand how the selection worked and ended up in the first level / stage.  I thought you had to qualify to advance to higher levels... anyway, following your tip, the lower level offers a L47 TM ball... so it does appear the quality of the ball changes from one stage/ level to another.  

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 9:51 AM

Fall Showdown Round 2

*less than an hour into the 2nd round-

ROOKIE division:  1st place - TOUR LEGEND   @   -9

that's a damn good rookie... lmao

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 11:39 AM

SMOKEshack0:
    ROOKIE division: 

go easy on fellow players the first go around. 

I too am in the rookie division, despite being a Tour Legend...but I haven't played the second round, yet.  I did not know how to change divisions and thought we had to earn or be promoted to the next division through playing the event.  So, I inadvertently entered a lower division.  

I can't say the same for others, but my entry was due to just unfamiliar with how this new setup would be playing... 

there was little advance notice or explanation of how to proceed to play in the event to ensure everyone entered a reasonable division for their level.  That being said, since we appear to be in the lowest room… default tees are in play so those lower level players are playing from their tees and not the back tees.  I never play from coin rooms where default tees are at play... this was an exception because I didn't know how the event was set up.  

I actually find it a huge disadvantage playing low tier players with reasonable playing time who have with maxed out apparel and high level equipment when they can have upwards of a 100y advantage off the tee box.  They can drive a lot more greens and be hitting pitches or wedges instead of mid irons into pins.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:17 PM

Think this all just goes to show what a difficult job WGT actually has ! You can’t please all the people all the time . It will take time to learn how it is going but at least it is something new , and for that it’s a good exercise , in my opinion ! 

Oh and on a slightly different note , there are an awful lot of players purporting to be pro or tour pro or even hack or amateur , who obviously are not and have started a new account, so these coin rooms are always full of players that are not what they seem . 

At least this competition is more about what we do as an individual rather than have a level 6 hack  beating a level 90 legend when the hack is clearly not a hack !! 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:22 PM

I doubt we all play the same holes. Was talking to someone after the18, he got Merion and Pebbble and I got Brandon and Erin. If thats the case its too bad.

would be like some PGA pros playing Oakmont in a championship conditions and half the field playing in their local municipal courses. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:37 PM

But if people in the same groups play the same then its all good...but as people play from their tier tees that makes it somewhat more fun and better prizes than clash hahaha

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:49 PM

my comment was tongue_in_cheek I guess I should clarify!

I'm stoked on the game, it's cool to see something new for the mobile players too.

I enjoy my apparel enhancements tbh, it gives me a separate set of goals to work toward. folks are torn on this subject way more than I thought. 

props again to WGT's gang of programmers for keeping the fun going while simultaneously killing it with 31mph winds today...

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:50 PM

The rules say we will all play the same holes but not necessarily in the same order

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 3:41 PM

All players in the same level play the same holes. All rookies play the same holes. All veterans play the same holes. All experts play the same holes. The players in each level don't mingle between 

There is some deviation between levels due to what courses are available in each room.

_CHAMPION 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 8:54 PM

Well I got booted after 1 hole, spinning circle?

now the scorecard tells me +3 no way!

RSS