Forums

Help › Forums

Fall Showdown: THEIR Forfeit Affects MY Score?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM (58 replies)
  • papagrasutu
    2,463 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 11:23 AM

I play on mobile  normally so I haven't seen this thread.  This happened to me in round 2, forfeit by other player then my birdie becomes a bogey.  I contacted support and heard nothing.  Makes me feel a little better that it wasn't just me.  Not thinking i needed a screen shot of everyone of my birdies, you know?  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 11:42 AM

papagrasutu:
    Not thinking i needed a screen shot of everyone of my birdies, you know?  

I know! And that brings us to another topic. That is the reason why we need replay function on the new/mobile platform. A function that records every round and activity, saves in files and deletes after 48 hours. Much like what fmags does manually.

Shouldn't be hard to implement.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 12:20 PM

Here's a question for the mods, since the showdown is an official tourney, if a player hits a hole in one, or a double eagle, will it count in his/ her stats?  Or are these just going to be ruled as a coin game (which is essentially a practice round) ?  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 12:26 PM

Luckystar5:

Here's a question for the mods, since the showdown is an official tourney, if a player hits a hole in one, or a double eagle, will it count in his/ her stats?  Or are these just going to be ruled as a coin game (which is essentially a practice round) ?  

The latter will be the case, I believe.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 12:35 PM

so it's an an official tourney then. ? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 12:58 PM

Luckystar5:

so it's an an official tourney then. ? 

It's a good and tough question to answer. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

It's official as it's hosted and sponsored by the company.

It's unofficial in terms of ranked rounds. :-/

• rorys1fan
    54 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 1:56 PM

I'd hope so. You even get the apparel bonus, so it can't count towards any official stats

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 4:04 PM

The only way I can see that I can get 6 rounds of golf completed in ‘Montreal’ is to bribe the ‘opponents’ not to quit from the onset. As a high ranked player entering this room the opponent is immediately negative towards you (not always, some are happy to play you).

So, if you’re a successful player with loads of coins to spare a promise of a gift of a sleeve of balls at the end of the round not to quit should work. In my case I barely earn enough to support my own Titleist addiction! I cannot afford minimum 3000cr to get through 6 rounds.

So, in true form consistent with anything related to coin games or turf war’s, you wanna win? Well, then you need to Corrupt. Sadly that’s the reality of this tournament now and any coin room/turf war play. Always has been. 

You can bet the the top players (I should be one of them) especially in the expert group are doing this. Impossible to find 6 opponents willing to lose their precious coins without quitting. Impossible 

HHH

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 4:45 PM

but yet all clashs do! all stats and scores count there, and we use apparel bonuses too. 

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 5:12 PM

Agreeing with Simon as you'll notice it hasn't affected averages. So practice rounds as we are playing in the coin rooms.

RSS