Forums

Help › Forums

Fall Showdown: THEIR Forfeit Affects MY Score?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM (58 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 10:09 PM

Champ,

The bug is still persistent. Here is my scorecard for the second round :

Although it shows like I bogeyed on H2, H3, H7, H8 and H9, they were all birdies except H3 which was an eagle. I noticed it after I finished all 18 holes (six 3-hole rounds) and saw the leaderboard (going like a round of -18 still placing me on the 34th??!! LOL) so I have no screen captures of those six 3-hole scorecards. I will continue the 3rd round regardless (if  I can) but I  would appreciate if you look into it and fix it so that it reflects the correct score.

FYI, the first opponent (for the round of H1-H3) forfeited indeed so I had to play alone, but the funny thing is my third opponent (for the round of H7-H9) played til the end with me. Isn't this bug supposed to happen when your opponent forfeits?!

Everything on B9 is OK as shown.

Thank you for the great game and your service.

Simon

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 11:47 PM

WGTChampion:

Thanks HHH! 

_CHAMPION 

Yep, I’ve been done in.

This was my holes10-12 at Pebble Beach in the elimination round. Birdie Birdie then EAGLE 81 YRDS out with my 60 degree has amounted to Birdie then bogey, bogey after my opponent quit. The game froze for a min to two after he quit then I resumed my birdie putt then E on the next.

I could potentially be leading this group. 
    Gutted 

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 11:50 PM

And despite many years of Posting here I still have to put up with this

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 12:34 AM

The Leader in my group is currently -21

I got robbed 5 strokes with my birdie/eagle on 11/12.

currently 8th on -16

This is just unacceptable, I’m sorry

Cost me $10 to enter. And I reckon I’m a show at top 5

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 5:01 AM

I had a problem last night with the game playing very slowly.  It would say "resolving shot" for about 30 sec after some shots.  My internet on all other sites and applications was working fine.  It resulted in me forfeiting after I had hit an approach shot about 3 ft from the hole.  All of the sudden it just popped up and said I had forfeited.  Cost me 2 strokes...

• rorys1fan
    54 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 7:53 AM

Thank you wgtchamp. I lost 5 strokes to this and now I'm out of the top 50 in the elimination round.  Of course,  I've reported this via support, but don't know what the remedy will be. 

If wgt refunds,  at least it's no harm,  but I'd rather have had the opportunity to advance and compete for the bigger prize.  If not,  I'm out 500 credits :(

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 8:07 AM

HappyHoleHunter:
    You guys should be congratulated for introducing something different in the App. You know I’ve got Magnets, Young46 and Birchi all in my group! These Top names are crossing over to check it out and compete. Sure, there will be some hiccups but well worth it I say. 

Thanks for naming me in the same sentence as these two ;) I enjoy this format, but having to play on my small phone screen I really struggled to play anything but pars. Plus, the game broke down on one occassion, leading to a bogey on what would have been at least a birdie on Wolf Creek's 5th hole. Still, I enjoyed playing this format even though I'm not a fan of the mobile aesthetics and gameplay.

• HappyHoleHunter
    1,854 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 9:38 AM

birchi:

HappyHoleHunter:
    You guys should be congratulated for introducing something different in the App. You know I’ve got Magnets, Young46 and Birchi all in my group! These Top names are crossing over to check it out and compete. Sure, there will be some hiccups but well worth it I say. 

Thanks for naming me in the same sentence as these two ;) I enjoy this format, but having to play on my small phone screen I really struggled to play anything but pars. Plus, the game broke down on one occassion, leading to a bogey on what would have been at least a birdie on Wolf Creek's 5th hole. Still, I enjoyed playing this format even though I'm not a fan of the mobile aesthetics and gameplay.

Check it out on a large iPad. Whole new world

HHH👍

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 9:50 AM

With scores of -21 and -16 , don’t think i shall bother to venture out of the rookie league ! 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 10:31 AM

Champ or anyone from WGT? Any response on this?

New platform, new format, first time organizing it... I understand but you just can't expect players keep waiting forever without having a feedback.

Another thing I think worth mentioning... It took me over two hours to complete the whole 18 holes, I'd say an hour for the actual playing part and another hour looking at that loop circle going round and round searching for an opponent (you can't even leave the place 'cause you never know when it's gonna start) and waiting for loading for each shot. I asked my opponents about the speed of internet and they said everything was fine except for playing WGT and told me that they'd thought it was rather me who slowed down the whole thing. I know my internet speed is good with no "rupture".

I hope this Fall Showdown would be a big lesson for you guys to better organize and host the next one.

Thank you.

Simon

RSS