Forums

Help › Forums

Corrections to Wording during the game..

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 29 2019 7:06 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GreenbriarBob
    5 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 2:42 PM

Anyone have any idea why WGT/Top Golf continues to show the words DORMIE and Water Hazzard when they are no longer in the Rules of Golf ???  Dormie was removed from the rule book and Water Hazzard has been changed to Penalty Area (as of Jan 1, 2019.)....shouldn't they correct this ???

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 12:30 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:33 PM

GreenbriarBob:

Anyone have any idea why WGT/Top Golf continues to show the words DORMIE and Water Hazzard when they are no longer in the Rules of Golf ???  Dormie was removed from the rule book and Water Hazzard has been changed to Penalty Area (as of Jan 1, 2019.)....shouldn't they correct this ???

No they shouldn't.

Penalty area is the 18 yard box in a football game and dormie is a descriptive term for a match play situation, not a rule. 

Next you'll be in Edinburgh telling us Greyfriars Bobby has a new name ;-))

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 4:19 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Bobby has a new name ;-))

Whaaaat. I thought that was just a rumor.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 4:42 PM

WGT needs to learn the proper drop area for balls in the water...No one in their right mind is going to drop the ball in 30/40 rough when there is fairway a few feet away...or on the other side of the water hazard in deep rough

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 6:45 PM

Unless they add match play or A/S to Mobile and the new PC version the term dormie will not be used in either version, 

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 3:07 PM

GreenbriarBob:
    Anyone have any idea why WGT/Top Golf continues to show the words DORMIE and Water Hazzard when they are no longer in the Rules of Golf ??? 
    To hell with that!  I wanna know when 'Hazard' was changed to 'Hazzard'.  Is THAT in the book??

• GreenbriarBob
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 2:35 PM

A LATER time...It's been 10 months....  lolllllll

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 6:19 PM

dchallenger:

GreenbriarBob:
    Anyone have any idea why WGT/Top Golf continues to show the words DORMIE and Water Hazzard when they are no longer in the Rules of Golf ??? 
    To hell with that!  I wanna know when 'Hazard' was changed to 'Hazzard'.  Is THAT in the book??

I think it has something to do with "The Dukes of......."

;-)

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 7:12 PM

i agree lol 

next!

Jill

• PAGES
RSS