Help › Forums

veteran & higher level player feedback section

Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:28 PM (146 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 7:30 PM

pmm711:

birchi:
    For casual playing there's already the possibility to use your phone/tablet. The PC version should be different from that.

+1...but, seeing what we're seeing so far it's not looking very hopeful.

birchi:
    I tried it over the weekend and didn't enjoy playing the early-release version at all. I can't really put my finger on what's bothering me the most as I only played a couple of rounds, but it just feels off in general. The omnipresence of offers, ball effects and other gimmicks is extremely annoying. The gameplay (putting, camera angles etc.) is way worse than in the flash version although one could get used to that over time if some adjustments are made. Overall, it feels like playing a cheap mobile game like Golf Clash, only that the graphics are better.

+1...at least for you regular RG players the gimmicks all disappear during that mode of play, but, you can see how it would be impossible to rid the mobile version of these arcade-like features now that they're implemented and seem to be getting all the focus during game downtime/updates.

You would think that flash would have evolved into something else even better as time and technology have advanced.  The graphics are definitely superb to anything else out there, but, when you see the avatar, it's like going back to the days of Atari.  Why the degression?  The look and feel should be even better than what was developed in 2007.  The entire gaming development community should be ashamed of their products not being even more lifelike than what we're used to playing on our PCs.  I'm sure the technology is out there...does it come down to extremely expensive development costs?  Sometimes I just shake my head...especially after missing 3 foot putts on the new "improved" PC version.

I'm with you Simon...also Jon & Gary.  I wish Andyson were still around as I'd love to be laughing at his Enquirers concerning all this.

I don't like gimmicks at all. Get rid of them

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 8:48 PM

All of you long time PC players, you have been in your comfort zones for so long, when something new comes along you get upset because your little rut has been disrupted. The fact is, Flash and Unity are two different engines. Green dot speeds are different, and they will continue to be different. WGT is not going to rewrite their algorithms just because you people keep whining about it. Improvise, adapt, overcome. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:43 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:48 PM

fobby1980:

All of you long time PC players, you have been in your comfort zones for so long, when something new comes along you get upset because your little rut has been disrupted. The fact is, Flash and Unity are two different engines. Green dot speeds are different, and they will continue to be different. WGT is not going to rewrite their algorithms just because you people keep whining about it. Improvise, adapt, overcome. 

I think we all have our opinions - and you know what they say about opinions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 5:55 AM

Here is my experience with current state of that "unity wgt".. still hope it' ll get better

I think I adopted pretty well. Played those games on 1,3,9 holes with some lack of interest, cause it doesn't give you a feel of golf round, but some arcade shooter (cant find right word) ...

Anyway..managed to earn lot of those "coins" and been through all those rooms given from small stakes to millions. The community of players is not fairplay frendly in that communication like most of us PC players are used to during years of golfing here.

I know that there is very strict 45 second clock, and I am ok when we just play and nobody says anything whole game...but you have people like just waiting to say something sarcastic if they have chance to win (usually addressed to my "champ" level)..or they would just leave the game if they are far behind.

So, we re just wielding those 300 yards drivers, because of hats we have, on some tees that are mostly short...but sometimes different. And it's very tricky sometimes to see how exactly your driver. 3w goes and what tee are you on in those 45 sec. On greens I just played little more break that I see...or when chiping I would imagine how that dots moved in flash version, because there it barely moved at all

My point is... Do we really want to adopt to that? Can those kind of games be measures of skill we achieved thru years here on flash platform? I am used to very different kind of approach to this virtual golf game. I want to play with people with positive, fairplay attitude in a games where u actually think. Like here where you can play uneven and finding the best spot on fairway, taking second look on every shot or have serious disadvantage when in rough or bunker. That kind of stuff makes me feel good when I see good shot coming out. That's why I play at all

So, its not problem of adopting, overcoming, but simply one fine line between those two types of WGT golf.. I hope developers will consider that and think about in what way they like to go with this game...

Nik

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 6:34 AM

salamicus:

Here is my experience with current state of that "unity wgt".. still hope it' ll get better

I think I adopted pretty well. Played those games on 1,3,9 holes with some lack of interest, cause it doesn't give you a feel of golf round, but some arcade shooter (cant find right word) ...

Anyway..managed to earn lot of those "coins" and been through all those rooms given from small stakes to millions. The community of players is not fairplay frendly in that communication like most of us PC players are used to during years of golfing here.

I know that there is very strict 45 second clock, and I am ok when we just play and nobody says anything whole game...but you have people like just waiting to say something sarcastic if they have chance to win (usually addressed to my "champ" level)..or they would just leave the game if they are far behind.

So, we re just wielding those 300 yards drivers, because of hats we have, on some tees that are mostly short...but sometimes different. And it's very tricky sometimes to see how exactly your driver. 3w goes and what tee are you on in those 45 sec. On greens I just played little more break that I see...or when chiping I would imagine how that dots moved in flash version, because there it barely moved at all

My point is... Do we really want to adopt to that? Can those kind of games be measures of skill we achieved thru years here on flash platform? I am used to very different kind of approach to this virtual golf game. I want to play with people with positive, fairplay attitude in a games where u actually think. Like here where you can play uneven and finding the best spot on fairway, taking second look on every shot or have serious disadvantage when in rough or bunker. That kind of stuff makes me feel good when I see good shot coming out. That's why I play at all

So, its not problem of adopting, overcoming, but simply one fine line between those two types of WGT golf.. I hope developers will consider that and think about in what way they like to go with this game...

Nik

TL;DR : I’m used to PC gameplay and I don’t want to start over again. Although you do make a good point: it would be a very good thing if WGT introduces UEL to mobile. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 9:32 AM

DonCaron:
    I don't like gimmicks at all. Get rid of them

Or at least give us the option to turn them off in Game Settings.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:49 PM

fobby1980:

Not sure why I'm responding. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right we should adapt by quitting the game and playing something worth our time that isn't an arcade game and whose avatars don't look like cartoon characters.

It has absolutely 0 to do with comfort zone. I would be happy if the game got harder actually and some changes of the game are okay.

But when it plays like an arcade game and the greens are broken. That's a legitimate issue. 

If it's not an issue for you then I'm happy for you but don't come in and try to tell us it's just a different algorithm, that's total nonsense. We know better. The greens are definitely not right as has already been stated from different people many times over, so not going to say reasons why again.  Every veteran and top level player that I have seen comment, are in agreement.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:57 PM

AgentBrown123:

fobby1980:

Not sure why I'm responding. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right we should adapt by quitting the game and playing something worth our time that isn't an arcade game and whose avatars don't look like cartoon characters.

It has absolutely 0 to do with comfort zone. I would be happy if the game got harder actually and some changes of the game are okay.

But when it plays like an arcade game and the greens are broken. That's a legitimate issue. 

If it's not an issue for you then I'm happy for you but don't come in and try to tell us it's just a different algorithm, that's total nonsense. We know better. The greens are definitely not right. And most all veterans and top level players are in agreement.

Don’t let the door hit ya on your way out then, partner. 

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:07 PM

fobby1980:

Don’t let the door hit ya on your way out then, partner. 

Got anything useful to add besides trying to bait a reaction?

Please, would love to hear more from you on this discussion that's not from some alternate reality.

I'm not leaving anytime soon boss, and will do everything I can to help this standalone be a success.

I know you're new to the game and all, supposedly, but try having a little respect. You're talking to the 2014 vuso champion and one who has spent countless hours trying to help people on the forums with guides for putting, giving out my secrets with ball iron mappings etc.

Have a great day

AB

RSS