Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:28 PM (146 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 10:26 PM

pmm711:

DoctorLarry:

YankeeJim:

DoctorLarry:

I think I may give it a go when many of the current problems are fixed.

I have tried it and like it, too. If you've never seen the mobile version, this is what it looks like.  "Releasing it in this condition" is ridiculous to say about something that has a year to evolve. Might even be a new challenge for those that live off of programs and spreadsheets.  :-)

LOL - I play the mobile version when I am traveling and certainly recognize it in what I have seen of this new version.  While I have not played this version, I have watched some streams and videos of others playing it.  

I am certain it should be much improved in a year!

"Mobile Version"  EXACTLY

I'd love to see the numbers, but my guess is there are now a lot more mobile players than PC players.  After all, this is now the year 2019.  And, as tablets are starting to replace laptops in many ways, the mobile population is only going to continue to grow and grow and grow...while the PC population will continue to decline and decline and decline.  Look how easy it is to pick up your phone or tablet and knock out a round or two.  And, take a look in your app store for golf games...I only see one game worth downloading and the folks who read this forum are already playing it.  It's GREAT to be able to watch a football (or whatever) game on TV while sitting/lying in bed or on the couch and also be playing WGT on my mobile device.  The new PC version isn't going to be a whole lot different than what you're seeing today.  They have a year to get the multiplayer games, club selection, small map aimer, etc. figured out.  The game functionality will only change should they make changes to the mobile game itself.  This new PC version will never be taking on the essence of the old flash PC game.  Anyone truly waiting/expecting for that to happen is a "1 D 10 T".  Those of us who've been around long enough to know how changes to the game have taken place through the years "should" know what to expect from WGT by now. 

As for the "elite" players jumping ship en masse when flash is finally sunsetted...gee, I think we've all heard that one before too.  The Golf Club failed to keep you amused...Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf failed too...so, what game are you going to truly leap over to en masse? 

Like it or not, we now live in a mobile society.  So maybe, just maybe, WGT actually knows what they're doing.  So adapt...or simply fade away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQjE8qJ29c

Sure it's true other games have failed to compete when wgt has missed the boat. That's because wgt remained a constant. But now since wgt is changing into an arcade game that kind of changes things don't you think?

People lazy and laying in bed that just want to play on their tablet is going to replace us? I think not. This game will never become mobile based at the top level. Good luck with that. They will be too busy making sure their pink skirt looks good in game while people like me are getting ready to absolutely destroy these useless fake mobile golfers.

You'll be really good at recruiting top tier red tee sandbaggers laying in bed eating ham sandwiches on their tablet but once they get into a game with someone like an AB they will receive the thrashing of their life and beg for mercy, wishing that there were two SEPERATE platforms

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:00 AM

AgentBrown123:

Sure it's true other games have failed to compete when wgt has missed the boat. That's because wgt remained a constant. But now since wgt is changing into an arcade game that kind of changes things don't you think?

People lazy and laying in bed that just want to play on their tablet is going to replace us? I think not. This game will never become mobile based at the top level. Good luck with that. They will be too busy making sure their pink skirt looks good in game while people like me are getting ready to absolutely destroy these useless fake mobile golfers.

You'll be really good at recruiting top tier red tee sandbaggers laying in bed eating ham sandwiches on their tablet but once they get into a game with someone like an AB they will receive the thrashing of their life and beg for mercy, wishing that there were two SEPERATE platforms

Well, it was only a matter of time the BASHING was yet to begin again and here it starts.

You have zero respect for people apart from your certain mind list. Your points doesn’t tot up anymore and shouldn’t be considered anymore as you obliterated the content you are talking. It is all about annihilating the whole mobile n tab players which is totally unfair n disrespectful. 

It is quite understandable when people have difference of opinions and can’t muddle through in anyway possible..Having said that, tagging people with absurd name calling n mentioning people as fake n useless players even without a remorse shows how blindsided you are. This is not the first time you are doing the bashing act here. You do not even have the open mind to discuss the possibilities. Well, you had for some days especially during the beginning stage of this thread discussion and now as usual it turns into the usual people basher scenario. 

These types of cynical prattles should be cut short especially during the cradle stages to keep the Peace n Love in the community. 

Please note : I didn’t want to make a statement here but was so sick of seeing this gimcrack over n over approach towards mobile n tab players. 

Godspeed

- Carl 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:29 AM

pmm711:
    I'd love to see the numbers, but my guess is there are now a lot more mobile players than PC players.  After all, this is now the year 2019.  And, as tablets are starting to replace laptops in many ways, the mobile population is only going to continue to grow and grow and grow...while the PC population will continue to decline and decline and decline.  Look how easy it is to pick up your phone or tablet and knock out a round or two.  And, take a look in your app store for golf games...I only see one game worth downloading and the folks who read this forum are already playing it.  It's GREAT to be able to watch a football (or whatever) game on TV while sitting/lying in bed or on the couch and also be playing WGT on my mobile device. 

All true, but - to state the obvious - that's not what we're talking about here. For casual playing there's already the possibility to use your phone/tablet. The PC version should be different from that.

pmm711:
    The new PC version isn't going to be a whole lot different than what you're seeing today.

That would be terrible in my opinion. I tried it over the weekend and didn't enjoy playing the early-release version at all. I can't really put my finger on what's bothering me the most as I only played a couple of rounds, but it just feels off in general. The omnipresence of offers, ball effects and other gimmicks is extremely annoying. The gameplay (putting, camera angles etc.) is way worse than in the flash version although one could get used to that over time if some adjustments are made. Overall, it feels like playing a cheap mobile game like Golf Clash, only that the graphics are better.

What probably worries me the most is that several questions about UEL have not been answered which seems like a bad sign. Without that format I would certainly not continue playing this game. 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:50 AM

I'm playing about 3 other golf games but WGT remains the 4th as I'm always testing things to see how they measure up.

I can easily compare the pros and cons of the best games. 

One thing is for sure, although I can play them on mobile, I like ANDY emulator for WGT (and sometimes NOX) and those can play mobile apps on PC. Plus, they are free, but results may vary.

There are cons and bugs w/ emulators, etc. but I have mine under control. Also, making the screen as big as I want and using a mouse is more a nice option, IMO.

All of the other games play 'UEL' and even the old JNSE had this as a feature.

If WGT introduces more upgrades and improvements I'll be sure to voice my opinion in detail, notwithstanding the constant moderation I'm put under even though I've promoted WGT, esp. as a pioneer on Twitch, since over a half decade ago. No worries, though.

;) 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 4:14 AM

I agree with Birchi.

The P.C version should be different from the mobile version, and when Flash ends next year I’m gonna miss the little things, my avatars, my notebook, my golf bag plus, it’s all the little things that make me really like this game, dam I hate it sometimes too!

But keep the P.C version as separate as you can, I really don’t want to buy a witches hat at Halloween, or upgrade my shoes to help me improve my bunker play. If you do want the option to do these things, stick to the mobile version.

Thats not hard to do surely?

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 4:48 AM

birchi:

pmm711:
    I'd love to see the numbers, but my guess is there are now a lot more mobile players than PC players.  After all, this is now the year 2019.  And, as tablets are starting to replace laptops in many ways, the mobile population is only going to continue to grow and grow and grow...while the PC population will continue to decline and decline and decline.  Look how easy it is to pick up your phone or tablet and knock out a round or two.  And, take a look in your app store for golf games...I only see one game worth downloading and the folks who read this forum are already playing it.  It's GREAT to be able to watch a football (or whatever) game on TV while sitting/lying in bed or on the couch and also be playing WGT on my mobile device. 

All true, but - to state the obvious - that's not what we're talking about here. For casual playing there's already the possibility to use your phone/tablet. The PC version should be different from that.

pmm711:
    The new PC version isn't going to be a whole lot different than what you're seeing today.

That would be terrible in my opinion. I tried it over the weekend and didn't enjoy playing the early-release version at all. I can't really put my finger on what's bothering me the most as I only played a couple of rounds, but it just feels off in general. The omnipresence of offers, ball effects and other gimmicks is extremely annoying. The gameplay (putting, camera angles etc.) is way worse than in the flash version although one could get used to that over time if some adjustments are made. Overall, it feels like playing a cheap mobile game like Golf Clash, only that the graphics are better.

What probably worries me the most is that several questions about UEL have not been answered which seems like a bad sign. Without that format I would certainly not continue playing this game. 

+1

100% agree, well said Simon

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 4:52 AM

Does this guy think I was being serious with that post? Lol. I guess I wasnt obvious enough?

Obviously it was meant to be a humorous post.

Notice I wasn't actually attacking anyone but generalizing. Think you were just trying to get a rise out of me but I'll avoid the bait. Thanks though.

Mobile players deserve a say that's fine with me. Doesn't change the facts though they would be too busy adjusting their avatar look to compete 😂 and or eating ham sandwiches in bed. All 100% facts.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 5:15 AM

JFidanza:

One thing is for sure, although I can play them on mobile, I like ANDY emulator for WGT (and sometimes NOX) and those can play mobile apps on PC. Plus, they are free, but results may vary.

You no longer need the emulator, just download the new launcher and you will have the mobile game on your PC.

Right there is the big problem, we don't want the mobile game on the PC, we want the PC game on the PC.  Nowhere can I think of can I go buy a hat and get an extra 3 yards from my clubs.  That is a video game or gamers way of thinking, we just want to play a very decent golf game, such as the current PC version.  Granted techno changes, but that doesn't mean that all games need to change that way.  Kiddies today don't even think about buying a computer, they have one that they carry around in their hand all day.  Ever watch a bunch of them together, they can't hold a conversation, but they sure as h e l l can text to each other.  Nope not trying to bash the mobile folks, just stating facts.

Lets turn this around.  For the sake of argument lets say WGT PC version is the #1 golf game.  Do any of us think for a minute that it would be the #1 golf game if the mobile version would have come out first.  IMO, I THINK NOT.  Golf is not all these gimmicks.  We are not moochie of the little league, and never wash a pair of pants(socks, in moochies case)because we played a good round wearing them.  Oh wait, did I just date myself.

Maybe WGT needs to ask itself, why did some of these other golf games fail(Tiger Woods, golf games on POGO, Chrysler golf, just to name a few) was it lack of funding, cartoon appearance or something else.

Paul, we have met, so you know I am not one of the kiddies.  I game(still even at my age, keeps reflexes sharp) I would still like to be but did golf.  I am one of the old timers on here, it's possible that if this is the future, when flash no longer works at all, maybe it's time to turn the other computer behind me on and go back to FPS.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:11 AM

"Just" :

- Fix greens in a way they look and act like ones in flash version

- Fix that HUD along with meter and mini map

- Copy lies from TGC2019 and implement it to WGT

I know how this sounds, but I would play that :)

Nik

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:24 AM

birchi:
    For casual playing there's already the possibility to use your phone/tablet. The PC version should be different from that.

+1...but, seeing what we're seeing so far it's not looking very hopeful.

birchi:
    I tried it over the weekend and didn't enjoy playing the early-release version at all. I can't really put my finger on what's bothering me the most as I only played a couple of rounds, but it just feels off in general. The omnipresence of offers, ball effects and other gimmicks is extremely annoying. The gameplay (putting, camera angles etc.) is way worse than in the flash version although one could get used to that over time if some adjustments are made. Overall, it feels like playing a cheap mobile game like Golf Clash, only that the graphics are better.

+1...at least for you regular RG players the gimmicks all disappear during that mode of play, but, you can see how it would be impossible to rid the mobile version of these arcade-like features now that they're implemented and seem to be getting all the focus during game downtime/updates.

You would think that flash would have evolved into something else even better as time and technology have advanced.  The graphics are definitely superb to anything else out there, but, when you see the avatar, it's like going back to the days of Atari.  Why the degression?  The look and feel should be even better than what was developed in 2007.  The entire gaming development community should be ashamed of their products not being even more lifelike than what we're used to playing on our PCs.  I'm sure the technology is out there...does it come down to extremely expensive development costs?  Sometimes I just shake my head...especially after missing 3 foot putts on the new "improved" PC version.

I'm with you Simon...also Jon & Gary.  I wish Andyson were still around as I'd love to be laughing at his Enquirers concerning all this.

RSS