Help › Forums

veteran & higher level player feedback section

Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:28 PM (146 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:30 PM

DoctorLarry:

Woodoworkery:
    I just dont understand how they looked at this and released it in this condition. 

Well, this is a beta version to get it out and get user feedback.  I have not tried it yet but I am glad they are doing this because in-house testing only is typically a huge failure.  At least now they have real users trying it and letting them know what works and does not work.  Your trials and feedback will help.

I think I may give it a go when many of the current problems are fixed.

I have tried it and like it, too. If you've never seen the mobile version, this is what it looks like.  "Releasing it in this condition" is ridiculous to say about something that has a year to evolve. Might even be a new challenge for those that live off of programs and spreadsheets.  :-)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:00 PM

Question for the moderators:

Is it possible for changes to have been made that do not require an update by the players?

I suppose it would be possible depending on what programming is on the WGT servers that wouldn't affect the individual installs. 

I may be making a mistake by not checking it out further unless I have to do an update.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 3:04 PM

DoctorLarry:
    Well, this is a beta version to get it out and get user feedback

It's an early access version, I had no idea what that was and wiki tells me this.......

Early access, also known as early fundingalpha-accessalpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 5:21 PM

Woodoworkery:
    dot speed

Maybe we need another Tekoma to take the new version and create a new tutorial.  I truly doubt WGT is going to adjust the game to the old PC version in these sort of ways.  New methods to "beat" the game need to be established.   On this note, I think Young46 put up a video of his first test run of the new version.  He didn't appear to be having very much difficulty adjusting and played a very decent round.  I think he said the "aiming" points are the same, but, the "dot speed" is different. 

So, I think we all need to adjust our playing techniques and adapt appropriately to the "New WGT" and not the other way around.

Woodoworkery:
    I just dont understand how they looked at this and released it in this condition.  It can be and probably be a close second to the flash game when all is fixed, if all is fixed.

It's the mobile version...PERIOD.  They simply released an emulated version to the PC world.  I say take advantage of this early release and learn to play the new game.  Basically, STOP wasting time playing a version which will be become obsolete.  Yeah, you may be a shiity player to start, but, by taking the time to adapt, you will be an elite player when the current PC version goes off into the sunset,

I think every naysayer out there should take the time to read this book because what you're currently seeing is 99.9% of what the future of WGT is going to look like...

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 4:11 AM

Here is a question, If there is a browser that will allow flash after Dec.2020 will wgt still be available? 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 5:55 AM

Watching ‘46’ stream as I write this, asked if he’s keen on the new WGT?

Absolutely not!! I think was his reply!

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 6:07 AM

I don't know why people are skeptic (not all of them) about this new release of the game. Some making plans how to revive flash after flash is dead, some look at that like final product where you have to decide to play or start searching for new golf game :) December 2020 is a long way to go, this thing we have here is rough alpha version of the game and it's purpose is to help developers develop final version. So, I think any constructive suggestion, observation of game flows is helping them. Throwing it all away on that first glimpse and jumping into final conclusions , not so helpful . In my opinion flash has never been a good solution, and I'm glad one day wgt will work without it

Nik

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 6:27 AM

Not to be a debbie downer Nik and maybe I'm wrong and the wgt development team has improved but wgt moves imfamously slow with fixes often causing new bugs  in the process that go unfixed for long periods of time.

I like your posistivity though. I hope what you're saying ends up being true. But based on past experiences I'm not going to be overly enthusiastic or optimistic. Trying to not be overly negative also. With that in mind, if some things aren't said I feel there is no chance for this new version to keep the older players. It might come across as me ragging on wgt. But in actuality it comes from a place that wants wgt to succeed.

It doesn't need to be a replica of the flash version Nik, I don't think that's what we have said or even particularly  want. We just want it to play similar and keep it's core of how it plays, which is why we've stuck around so long (10 years myself). It's a great game. We wouldn't (and I'm speaking for most top players) mind having the game play harder! The issue is in the greens that are NOT accurate.. the dots don't move correctly and the game looks like a cartoon. Drive and approach shot forgivness is also way too high. Would love for it to be harder than the flash version I wouldnt mind one bit. So no, it doesnt need to be a clone.

To the guy who said '46' had a good round and didn't have issues with putting. That was his initial view of the putting. I believe he's said thereafter that the aimpoints are the same but the dots move too slow and are innacurate on many of the bigger breaking putts. Especially the short to mid range putts.

One of my biggest worries along with the dot speed on greens is the cheating. It is way easier to cheat with a standalone exe file than with an online flash platform.

The game is in early release not a beta version meaning most likely, for the most part, what you see is what you'll get. They didn't develop this for pc, they ported the mobile version to the standalone and so far all they are addressing in comments is adding functionality and are not responding to comments or attempting to take veteran players feedback seriously at all concerning how the game plays, looks or feels. Maybe they are and just haven't responded. But I haven't seen any quick replies to suggestions from veterans while you see many replies for pointless things like playing multiplayer from friends list. It won't matter if the game plays like this. I will be done and most other top players I've spoken to on stream and in private, feel the same way.

I would be singing to a different tune if they actively sought out our opinions and showed they cared, but they have done the exact opposite so far. 

It appears they are catering to a new mobile wave of younger players where they can upsell them with cartoon looking avatar add-ons and gear. Notice how they add very little in the way of equiptment for higher level players. In their view we dont make them money, the newbies do that move up levels and tiers. They have never really cared about the top tier players and opinions and it's showing to be true yet again.

It's fine to try to make money, it's a business. But forgetting about your loyal  veteran fanbase is just bad taste and a bad idea.

And to be honest I think this is happening and will continue to happen in this new standalone. It's a big mistake. I hope I'm completely wrong, I do.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 7:56 AM

Good opinion also mr.Brown. I see your point. In this moment we can't do much ,but to wait and see what happens.

I played a lot coin games and I saw the dots not acting in a way you could trust 'em here in flash. Most my reads were like adding a little break ,which I actually dont see. Also played with 2 different meter speeds when in 1024x768 resolution..and with much faster meter when in some 16x9 resolution. Ding is mostly unplayable, meter always stops just a little late or before it. And overall feel of game (in this moment) is like playing arcade, especially powered that feeling with use of apparel. I am also fan of more simulation like and hardened ways. Therefore i just hope they 'll include some lie aspects of golf game. On the other hand I appreciate looks of game...Way avatars swings different shots..etc

Probably they focusing on younger players, searching for ways to make it more addictive . But I hope they will meet some wishes of players that really appreciate feel of real golfing

Nik

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 8:05 AM

Haven't read this entire topic, I just within the last day installed this, may have already been mentioned.

Get Rid Of the Apparel Crap.  My 289 driver is now at 292.

RSS