Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH 109 is another space case

Sat, Oct 5 2019 3:40 PM (53 replies)
  • Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:59 AM

As a dedicated clasher (my choice), and golden putter winner... I have come as close to my end with the clash as I can. Regardless if you play the clash or not, it should be enjoyable. We have been getting hurricane winds for way to many clashes lately. It takes all the fun out of the clash .

I can only believe watching clubs backing out of the clash all together, the WGT is doing this on purpose so they can sell more balls and make up for the money lost from clubs getting out of the clash.

The WGT has the worst marketing team I have ever witnessed. I could do a better job in one day. The clash would be relevant again, and clubs would enjoy it as a WGT event, and it would be a win/win outcome. Clubs would be compensated through a better prize structure, a more fair course draw (everyone plays the same course the same amount of times, except for one course would be played 3 times, and that could be random. Stop with the hurricane winds every clash... make it harder in other ways. The WGT would make more money because clubs would be buying passes to play, buying balls and equipment. 

The clash can be made relevant again.... it can. The WGT has to want it to be.

• Nancy1959
    7,037 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 9:02 AM

TopShelf2010:

jacktrade51:
    As to TopShelf's comment, I have never said boycott.  My complaints have been geared to reform

For the record, that is what I was referring too.

There has been so much talk about banning together to force a change in the format. And yet, here we are again with another hurricane wind clash. And many of those that have complained, excuse me, voiced their dislike for the current format, are continuing to play.

That was all I was eluding too.

Clash Away my friends

Don

I am one who has complained about WGT throwing us 30 mph hurricane winds for a Clash.  Our country club is all about having fun and most people I know aren't having much fun (if any) playing conditions like this for two straight days.

So we won't be Clashing in this one and I know of other country clubs that will not be playing as well.  Maybe if WGT realizes how much less money they make when they do this they will finally get the memo...

~Nancy

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 9:53 AM

TopShelf2010:

I thought everyone was going to band together and boycott these clashes?

LOL

Don

Hi Don !

No clashing going on here, although a drmoose tee marker would be good cool

Cheers!

Rich

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 9:59 AM

Nancy1959:

So we won't be Clashing in this one and I know of other country clubs that will not be playing as well.  Maybe if WGT realizes how much less money they make when they do this they will finally get the memo...

~Nancy

Original Reply DELETED by author due following replies.

SMH

Don

PS: I should have known better.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:44 AM

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:48 AM

dhjam1:

lmao

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:52 AM

dhjam1:

Thank you for sharing. I should've known it was too good to be true

Don

PS: I edited my original reply

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:53 AM

dhjam1:

Wow...Nancy1959 has such tremendous willpower.  LMFAO

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:54 AM

Nice shooting ,  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 11:06 AM

pmm711:
    Wow...Nancy1959 has such tremendous willpower.  LMFAO

Not to be a troll in any shape or form BUT let me guess the response...

"In my post I said MY club was not clashing. I did not say I wasn't"

Still SMH

Don

RSS