• Sulks007
    640 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 5:13 AM

St Andy's B9 Hurricane Winds.

Dave

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 5:23 AM

I don't play them, but if the tee box markers had horns sticking out of their helmets, it would be worth it this time.  ;-)

#DrMoose

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 5:25 AM

First clash St. Andrews with 30-32 winds , and second pebble beach 20-25 winds but greens almost unputtable ! What fun ! I am going out forraging for mushrooms !! 

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 7:14 AM

2 Kiawah B9 to start.

As to TopShelf's comment, I have never said boycott.  My complaints have been geared to reform.

Tom.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 7:51 AM

jacktrade51:
    As to TopShelf's comment, I have never said boycott.  My complaints have been geared to reform

For the record, that is what I was referring too.

There has been so much talk about banning together to force a change in the format. And yet, here we are again with another hurricane wind clash. And many of those that have complained, excuse me, voiced their dislike for the current format, are continuing to play.

That was all I was eluding too.

Clash Away my friends

Don

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:07 AM

Why would a lower tier player want to play PB in heavy winds, even the best players would think twice about that.

WGT is losing it's marbles !!!

They must have had a whole heap of rational people who have voiced their misgivings over this , but refuse to listen. Doesn't bode well for future clashes.

I play almost zero clashes anyway, its a flawed concept and a waste of time. 

Anyway a boycott would never take off, far too many people wet their draws with excitement as soon as the clash starts. But there again watching paint dry is pretty exciting too

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:11 AM

The scoring is not correct in this clash ! We had 100% participation and we have not been credited the 300 points 

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:15 AM

jacktrade51:

2 Kiawah B9 to start.

Tom.

Lucky you, Tom (so far).  We got Pebble’s high winds second round (against the Bunker Busters, no less).  Mighty hard to make GIR on those par 3’s with 28 mph wind, no matter which direction it’s from.  I’m proud of FAPC members who are giving it a go, but (as always) not pushing them to play.

However, I did get a fine lamb déjeuner in Anduze before returning for Pebble Beach!

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:19 AM

TopShelf2010:

I thought everyone was going to band together and boycott these clashes?

LOL

Don

Joke of the century right there.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:22 AM

Fencer100:
    Why would a lower tier player want to play PB in heavy winds, even the best players would think twice about that.

And at 1225 credits a sleeve I have not played a round yet but I do look at the high winds as just another challenge. Have to learn the high winds some time. Just saying.

RSS