Forums

Help › Forums

WGT time

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:26 PM (4 replies)
  • TedYoung1
    11 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 4:12 PM

I had a busy day Sunday with lots of Real-Life things to do, but I managed to get on at 11:30 PM in order to keep my string of consecutive days intact.

To my chagrin, I saw that it was showing me as being on "Day 1"

Therefore, my string is "kaput"

Judging by this, I can only assume that the "day" designation is not calculated by my local time (EST-US), but, rather by some universal time.

Somewhere, it should be stated what time zone determines the end of a day...

Does anyone here know and care to enlighten the rest of us as to what time-zone determines the end of one day and the start of a new day?

I'm guessing GMT, but I would like to know for sure...

• WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 4:53 PM

A new day would start at 12AM GMT. Keep in mind that GMT doesn't go by daylight saving time, so your local time will shift an hour each time that comes around. 

Also, if you message members@worldgolftour.com with your username and previous days played streak, they most likely will update this for you. :)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:58 PM

TedYoung1:

Judging by this, I can only assume that the "day" designation is not calculated by my local time (EST-US), but, rather by some universal time.

Somewhere, it should be stated what time zone determines the end of a day...

Does anyone here know and care to enlighten the rest of us as to what time-zone determines the end of one day and the start of a new day?

This is not hidden.  The gameclient page on PC and the Daily Bonus screen on mobile clearly show what day you are on AND how long it is until the next WGT day.  You need ato hit only one shot in play started within the 24 hour period

• TedYoung1
    11 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:26 PM

My bad, I never noticed the Countdown Clock before. 

Darn, I had a 12-day streak going...

OK, so right now it's 8PM in EST, when we "fall-back" it'll be 7PM, got it...

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:24 PM

Jeeze, it's 0000 zulu. aka UTC, formerly known as GMT, no matter where in the world you are. Not that difficult!

RSS