Forums

Help › Forums

Getting Started and Known Issues

Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:17 PM (104 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:13 PM

First things first: 

When you first launch the game it may default to 800x600 full screen. You can change this from the main menu. Select the settings gear in the bottom right, choose VIDEO, then the last two options are for resolution and full screen / windowed. 

When installing you may need to download .net framework from microsoft. It seems that is only needed when running on older Windows (7/8 etc.). 

You can absolutely switch back to the Flash version of the game at any time. If you come back to the WGT site and notice there is no PLAY NOW button select the MY ACCOUNT dropdown, log out, and then log in again. This will return all the flash elements. 

Some issues we're already aware of: 

Club chat is a little wonky and the chat can overlay the text input box

Selecting a club from the leaderboard in the country club section gives a blank page

Floating Toptracer box is a bit of a pain and resets back to the middle of the screen even after you've moved manually. 

"Winner" Splash Screen in coin games doesn't always show in coin games 

Spacebar does not yet change cameras

Mouse scroll does not change selected club

I'll add more to this list as we go. 

_CHAMPION 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:12 PM
    Thank you
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 4:28 PM

First off its not working on my lap top which happens to be brand new . Also keep the game simple and user friendly . Program it to do everything this game does in detail . Keep all of the games settings the same as this one . The only change should be that there is no flash otherwise keep it the same .

When the mobile version was made to many changes were made . Leave the game alone and make the changes simple and as needed . We shouldnt have to relearn how to use the game all over again .

Anyway it keeps freezing up and I cant sign in to play . So I unistalled it and that was a headache as well . If it screws up my new laptop WGT/ Top Golf will be buying me another one . I`ll wait until after flash is gone before I try it again . Maybe by then it will work better and be easier to download and manage on my lap top .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 4:35 PM

WGTChampion:
    First things first: 

I'm calling this a senior moment for now but what are you talking about? By the previous post it's obvious I'm missing something.  :-|

*edit, NM, I found it.  :-)

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:19 PM

WGTChampion:
    "Winner" Splash Screen in coin games doesn't always show in coin games 

Coin games? Really?

Sounds like the solution to the flash issue is to just come up with a way to put the mobile version on pc play without the use of a simulator. Hope I'm wrong. I don't want to see or hear of any of the carnival arcade like crap that is the mobile version of this game. If I did I would be playing it already. Makes me very sad to think my days are numbered here if that is the solution.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:32 PM

Please leave all the apparel and other video game stuff out of the PC version of mobile.  That really just confuses the issue when your hat changes the way the game plays.

• JBMJ
    1,005 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 4:50 AM

I have to agree. It kind of reminds me when they decided to put windmills and clown mouths at your neighborhood putt-putt course. 

Here are few things I personally dislike after messing around with it for 5 minutes or so..

1. Arcade style

2. You can only aim in reverse mode

3. The putting grid does not extend out to your putter

4. The screen is blown up to what seems like 200% (I see a fix for this in the thread)

5. My avatar appears to have a broken hip when he swings

6. My avatar likes wearing his pants high leaving him with constant wedgie

7. Top Golf Range mode does not work

• wayah1
    27 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:39 AM

Downloaded game to desktop shortcut,but keep getting>Error,golf.exe does not exist<when I open the app.

• GlynnAP
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:55 AM

I have to say WOW this is ace played TW and a club comp well smooth graffics are sound but the avertar needs work looks like it has been stuck on the screen lol but yes for me well dun WGT 

RSS