Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 10:42 PM

One query I have, and apologies if it has already been asked and answered somewhere in the preceding two million pages of this thread.

I understand that the flash version will be gone by the end of next year, but will the main site still remain accessible and functional? Will we be able to access this forum the old way for example, since there is no flash involved?

One of the reasons I ask is that I track and update our club competition leader-boards online with embedded spreadsheets by copying and pasting the leader-boards from here directly into the spreadsheets, which saves me a ton of time. I don't see any way of doing the same thing from the new site, so I'm hoping the current site will still be active beyond 2020, excluding gameplay.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 11:56 PM

Wutpa:

One query I have, and apologies if it has already been asked and answered somewhere in the preceding two million pages of this thread.

I understand that the flash version will be gone by the end of next year, but will the main site still remain accessible and functional? Will we be able to access this forum the old way for example, since there is no flash involved?

One of the reasons I ask is that I track and update our club competition leader-boards online with embedded spreadsheets by copying and pasting the leader-boards from here directly into the spreadsheets, which saves me a ton of time. I don't see any way of doing the same thing from the new site, so I'm hoping the current site will still be active beyond 2020, excluding gameplay.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Nigel.

Yes you can Nigel. Click on free credits and you will be re-directed to the WGT Page, access the forum in the normal way fro there.

Its flashless

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 8:24 AM

DonCaron:
    Yes you can Nigel. Click on free credits and you will be re-directed to the WGT Page, access the forum in the normal way fro there.

Cheers Don!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:24 AM

Your welcome 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:47 AM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 11:15 AM

TopShelf2010:

DonCaron:
    Its flashless

Hey Don... Happy Thanksgiving.

When I click on the Free Credits on the PCEA version, the new page, the Free Credits page, opens up in my Opera browser.

1). I noticed it was in fact still Flash based which is very strange. As the other day it was not.

2). I really dislike Opera. How do I change which browser to open. Chrome is my default browser and I cannot figure out why WGT opens up in Opera.

Don

Happy Holidays to you also.

If your computer is W-10. Click settings > Apps> Default Apps.

Scroll down to web browser and click on it, then select the browser you want.

Good to Go

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 11:19 AM

You can also go to the browser you like and then go into settings.Usually somewhere on there you can that browser default.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 1:15 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 1:27 PM

Awesome, have a good T Day

• TomWoodside
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 5:11 AM

I definitely like having the having the same version on the Windows Desktop and Mobile.

The only thing I don't like is the fixed resolutions, so having a dynamic window which can be resized using the mouse with variable resolution will make this a success in my view.

Looking forward to the final release.

Thanks again.

RSS