Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:01 PM

pdb1:
    The launcher will download but not install . No matter what I do . The above error always pops up . And yes I unblocked it in properties .

Now that WGT is on Steam (as of today) you might have more luck that way. You'll need to create a free Steam account and download the their client, and then search for WGT Golf in the Steam store and download that through them.

You can then launch WGT (similar to the PCEA version) through Steam, and it looks and plays just the same as PCEA.

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:08 PM

pdb1:

Still no luck with PCEA .

After I copy the launcher . And unblock it and click apply . I try to run

Then I get this .

As my posts are now being moderated in this thread . ( as they always should have been but weren't ) . I kind of blew the whistle on myself . All good . 

Having contacted member services about the above error . And now again posting to the " application vendor " . I'm not getting responses to this big issue . As others apparently are not either .

What's up with it ?

The launcher will download but not install . No matter what I do . The above error always pops up . And yes I unblocked it in properties .

Was this off steam? WGT on Steam came out today and works on Windows 8/10 and Mac

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:12 PM

Requirements for the Steam App

Windows

Mac

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:33 PM

WGTChampion:
    It’s important to us that this new standalone game is at least as good as our Flash game has been for many years. Most importantly, we want YOUR feedback to help make this the best version of WGT.

I haven't moved over yet but can you tell me if all the changes being made right now aren't affecting the Flash game that was good for so many years.  My clubs are about as consistent as picking lottery numbers.... they are all over the place and I have lost more balls in the last week than I have in the last six months.

I have people in my CC complaining about the inconsistent play of their clubs.  What are you doing WGT?  I realize we have to change but are you forcing us to sooner than we want by messing with the old game?

Tim

Please feel free to PM me Champion if you can shed any light on this

• Masonic3
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 6:13 PM

It actually works on Linux. Thank you for this!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 6:23 PM

DonCaron:

pdb1:

Still no luck with PCEA .

After I copy the launcher . And unblock it and click apply . I try to run

Then I get this .

As my posts are now being moderated in this thread . ( as they always should have been but weren't ) . I kind of blew the whistle on myself . All good . 

Having contacted member services about the above error . And now again posting to the " application vendor " . I'm not getting responses to this big issue . As others apparently are not either .

What's up with it ?

Was this off steam? WGT on Steam came out today and works on Windows 8/10 and Mac

Go into Windows Services.... look for Windows Installer, check that's started, it doesn't always run... if it isn't, start it and reboot..... 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:25 PM

The PCEA still sucks, and on Steam my meter was a bit stuttery. The meterspeed issue needs to be addressed, still much quicker than on the Flash version.

Bjorn

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:07 PM

So I finally decided to try out the PCEA version and downloaded the launcher with no problems.

I played 9 holes and realized I need lots of practice...but still no problem, I'll get used to it.

I went into the settings menu for a look around and thought I would see what the game looked like with "Full Screen" set to "off". That seems to have been a big mistake!

I can no longer see the bottom of the page where all the settings are and I can't play either because the swing meter is hidden along with the club shot selection(pitch,chip etc).

I tried uninstall/reinstall with 2 different browsers but the problem persists.

It seems that as long as I am logged in(logout button is also hidden) that reinstalling just takes me back to the same problem.

WGT say they are unable to help me with this. I am not tech savvy and am feeling quite lost.

At least I can still play the old way until flash is gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Brian

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:08 PM

Temporarily change your monitor resolution to a higher one.That might make the game screen small enough to make the bottom visible again. 
    You also might be able to click on the top of the game screen and drag it upward to make the bottom visible.  
    I’m sure Scott Hope could help you if neither of those works. 

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:34 PM

borntobesting:

Temporarily change your monitor resolution to a higher one.That might make the game screen small enough to make the bottom visible again. 
    You also might be able to click on the top of the game screen and drag it upward to make the bottom visible.  
    I’m sure Scott Hope could help you if neither of those works. 

Thanks for trying btbs....resolution is at its highest and I can drag the game screen down but not up. I appreciate your efforts to help mate.

Brian

RSS