Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 4:09 PM

AlanP79:
    Can't find a way to change the screen resolution

You could try this to get the game out of fullscreen mode.

Open notepad and copy and paste this in...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf]
    "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode_h3981298716"=dword:0

...there must be a blank line between the first and second line of text as shown, and four lines in total including the blank line.

Save the file with whatever name you like, but it must end with .reg and NOT .txt

Make sure you take note of where you save it, then go to that location and double click the file to run it. You will probably get a couple of security warnings about changing registry entries, so okay those unless you are very uncomfortable about doing such things.

Close the game if it is open and re-open it.

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 4:38 PM

New WGT has costed me a lots of balls now.

If you start a CTTH and you go playing,  you can scroll with your mousewheel between the different clubs and all is ok then. 

But when you restart  the same game , you can't scroll proper anymore between the clubs and from that moment on it can happen that your club hits much more further then it shows.

For example, you choose PW (120) and see it proper in the screen but it suddenly hits 200 yards ?  ball lost.  . Happens with other clubs also ?  But don't knoe exactly when. 

:(

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 5:54 PM

Roderickjan:

New WGT has costed me a lots of balls now.

If you start a CTTH and you go playing,  you can scroll with your mousewheel between the different clubs and all is ok then. 

But when you restart  the same game , you can't scroll proper anymore between the clubs and from that moment on it can happen that your club hits much more further then it shows.

For example, you choose PW (120) and see it proper in the screen but it suddenly hits 200 yards ?  ball lost.  . Happens with other clubs also ?  But don't knoe exactly when. 

:(

I have a game mouse and shut that wheel off. It switches clubs as you shoot

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:40 AM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 6:19 AM

TopShelf2010:

Roderickjan:
    For example, you choose PW (120) and see it proper in the screen but it suddenly hits 200 yards ?  ball lost

Had this happen a few times myself. I simply chalked it up as bad calculations.

Hmmm, will have to pay more attention next time.

Don

I have seen it change, as soon as I click for the ding. I think I was hitting the wheel. It does it on putts also

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:33 AM

DonCaron:
    I have seen it change, as soon as I click for the ding. I think I was hitting the wheel. It does it on putts also

I see it once in a while, too, and I use the scroll wheel a lot. I have sounds enabled so I hear any club/scale change and it still happens.

I think my wireless mouse might be the culprit because I've seen it change without my finger anywhere near the wheel. It happens when I move the mouse to the left but not often enough to worry about. Just pay attention. LOL ;-)

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 9:10 AM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:

I see it once in a while, too, and I use the scroll wheel a lot. I have sounds enabled so I hear any club/scale change and it still happens.

I think my wireless mouse might be the culprit because I've seen it change without my finger anywhere near the wheel. It happens when I move the mouse to the left but not often enough to worry about. Just pay attention. LOL ;-)

I too have had that problem with it changing clubs and/or yardage changes without touching the wireless.  My fix was to have the wireless for my day to day stuff and then a wired mouse without a wheel plugged in just for WGT, works great for me.

I have also been playing this game for more than 10 years, my first player was corrupted on 1 of the real early updates and had to create this dude.  For me, I disliked the PC version but after playing it for a couple of weeks now, I really like it.  Yes, it took a little time tweeking it and there are still differences from WGT.com but all in all, I'm satisfied and looking forward to each update.

I get a kick out of some of the glitches too!  Like last night when I was playing in the Clash, my legs were invisible, I thought it funny as all get out.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:08 AM

YankeeJim:

I have my volume shut off. I am very hard of hearing and need it to loud for my neighbors to have to hear the commentary.  

Like I said earlier, I have a game mouse and I can shut off the buttons and the scrolling.

In my WGT Configuration, The only things that are active is the left and right buttons

• AlanP79
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 12:52 PM

Dneirf:

AlanP79:

Have the game installed but when I click on the launcher, game opens up in full screen but resolution is too large? ...or small?. 

My taskbar disappears and I have a grey square floating around screen saying "Input not supported" Only way out is to hit windows button on keyboard and close it down.

Can't find a way to change the screen resolution as I can just about access the settings (small gear wheel) in the game client but there is no video button in settings. I read somewhere that should be an option, but only way I can alter resolution is in my display settings, which doesn't really work well. 

I tried Scotts Ahk screen resizer and WGT adjust screen, but no luck.

I'm running Windows 10 on 2 year old Lenovo laptop with 4 Gb memory. Any advice welcome please? My thanks in advance.

Try this.....

[01] Reset your display settings and refresh rate all back to the default settings. In other words, back to the original display settings when you first bought the Laptop, and that should be labeled (Recommended).

[02] Download an fresh copy of the software and delete the old copy.

[03] Uninstall the WGT Launcher from Windows Control Panel only. DO NOT delete anything else in regards to WGT software.

[04] Reboot.

[05] Reinstall the WGT Launcher using the new fresh downloaded copy.

[06] Reboot.

[07] Launch the WGT Launcher and allow it to stabilize, then close it and reopen it again to make sure that it automatically updates its self.

[08] Click on the Gear >> Video Label >> and note the "Resolution" Panel.

[09] Clicking inside or on the "Resolution" Panel will step you through each available resolution with each successive click. CHOOSE your desired resolution: 1024x768 (default), 1360x768, 1366x768, 1920x1080.

[10] Make sure the "Fullscreen" Panel to the right of the "Resolution" Panel is displaying "ON", if not, then click inside or on the "Fullscreen" Panel to display "ON".

[11] Click on the "< options" Label in upper left screen and your settings will automatically be saved returning you to the Home Screen.

[NOTE] "Input not supported" = Windows System Message informing user that there is an video setting conflict. (the processor and the video card are in conflict)

[NOTE] Now the Task Bar disappears and the only current way out of the WGT Launcher without closing it is to hit the Windows Button on the keyboard. This all happens because the WGT Launcher in running in DOS Mode, now called DOS Window. YES, DOS is very much alive in Windows, DOS = Disk Operating System.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

Many thanks for this Dneirf. I'm going to try what you say just now and will post back with results.

Many thanks to you too Scott. I may try what you say after I've followed Dneirf suggestions. Will keep you posted. I'm very grateful for the replies and suggestions...

Alan

EDIT.  Sorry if I've double posted this. Not sure about quotes...

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 5:16 PM

I think the problem is fixed.  I played today and didn't have the problem again. Was able to scroll between all the clubs also after a restart.

RSS