Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • pase4win
    232 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 6:40 AM

maybe your an idiot but pretty sure

lmao 

pase

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 6:50 AM

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 7:26 AM

My first impression was not good but today i played for the first time CTTH WK4 on the new WGT and scored an 38 with balls with meterspeed 2,5.  The meter was much smoother only the wind was hard to read (small) and the rough also.

It's much faster now to restart your game. :)

I also tried putting.

Putting is something different , i don't count dots , just look at them and know where to stop the meter.

In the new WGT is that very hard for me now , they must give the dots a darker color , i think.

I don't know yet if i can putt the same way in the new WGT , time will tell.

But for the driving and approaching the new WGT makes me happy :-)

xtra update

I just played KIA easy and scored easily a 26 , the more i play the new WGT  , the more i smile. I only mis some camera's

xtr update

i changed my font style in windows in 125%  and now i can see the wind- and rough specs very good , problem solved :-)

xtr update

it's not the color of the dots  but the speed of that dots thats not good. In new WGT the dots are going less fast so you can't see the different anymore.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 8:38 AM

Dneirf:

HERE IS MY ASSESSMENT OF THE WGT DESKTOP EARLY ACCESS

Downloaded and installed the World Golf Tour Early Access software for the personal computer. The following is my assessment of the program.

For those of us whose roots of the game are from the Flash Era, expect an above average learning curve in regards to navigating the interface.

The lack of tool tips only compounds the learning curve, one is left with an "click and learn" interface, so be careful, as this new interface is all about Credits and Coins.

Aside from the learning curve, this new interface, the non-flash early access interface, is very interesting and well laid out.

Some of the bells and whistles found in the Flash interface are not present here in the non-flash interface, however, my assessment is both good and bad in regards to this.

GOOD = there is less clutter on the playing screen, BAD = there are some situations, such as equipping the stand bag was easier in the Flash version due to the horizontal view of the equipment rather than the somewhat confusing vertical view found in the non-flash version.

The video quality in the non-flash version is not superior as the Flash version, however, all of the details in the scenery, clubs, balls, etc. are there. Over time one will not even notice the lesser quality and will enjoy the full screen found in the non-flash version of this game.

The only aspect of the non-flash version that spoils the true essence of being on and playing on an real golf course is the Avatar. Aside from the non-realistic Avatar found in the non-flash version, everything found in the Flash version is also present here in the non-flash version, and of equal quality.

The Swing Meter in the non-flash version is smooth, an lot smoother than the Flash version, with far fewer "skips" or "irregularities".

The game Settings are an lot easier to manage in the non-flash version and are preserved even after logging out of the interface.

The tactical aspects of this non-flash video game, such as its plot and the way it is played, as distinct from the graphics and sound effects, is equal to, if not better than, the Flash version.

Gameplay in the non-flash version is not as fluid as the Flash version, however, over time, like the video quality mentioned above, one will not notice the slightly uneven flow.

Above all, and most importantly, Drives, Iron Shots, Wedge Shots, and Putts in the non-flash version, execute and react without discrepancy when compared to the Flash version. In fact, Dneirf can putt better in the non-flash version.

Well done World Golf Tour programmers, we are all looking forward to even an more refined non-flash version of World Golf Tour in the near and forthcoming reincarnation of the best on-line golf game on planet Earth.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

Excuse my ignorance, but your score history baffles me, 180 per round at St Andy’s. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 9:52 AM

pase4win:

maybe your an idiot but pretty sure

lmao 

pase

I always find it humorous when someone calls someone else  an idiot on a forum and uses the wrong "you're." 

Seems to happen more often than not. 

• AlanP79
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:13 PM

Have the game installed but when I click on the launcher, game opens up in full screen but resolution is too large? ...or small?. 

My taskbar disappears and I have a grey square floating around screen saying "Input not supported" Only way out is to hit windows button on keyboard and close it down.

Can't find a way to change the screen resolution as I can just about access the settings (small gear wheel) in the game client but there is no video button in settings. I read somewhere that should be an option, but only way I can alter resolution is in my display settings, which doesn't really work well. 

I tried Scotts Ahk screen resizer and WGT adjust screen, but no luck.

I'm running Windows 10 on 2 year old Lenovo laptop with 4 Gb memory. Any advice welcome please? My thanks in advance.

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:37 PM

andwhy67:
    ~snip~ Excuse my ignorance, but your score history baffles me, 180 per round at St Andy’s.

TESTER: An person who tests something, especially an new product.

TESTING: Take measures to check the quality, performance, or reliability of (something), especially before putting it into widespread use or practice.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 2:09 PM

Below is from the "Adobe" thread...Any thoughts???

WGTChampion:
    The likelihood that dedicated Flash players find new browsers that continue to support flash is very high.

Hmm best news I've herd yet!! From what Champ is saying "IF" we the players find a way to continue playing the "FLASH" (via other browsers or back doors or however we can) ...WGT will continue to have the flash version running as well??? 

THIS IS OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!!

JD

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 3:10 PM

AlanP79:

Have the game installed but when I click on the launcher, game opens up in full screen but resolution is too large? ...or small?. 

My taskbar disappears and I have a grey square floating around screen saying "Input not supported" Only way out is to hit windows button on keyboard and close it down.

Can't find a way to change the screen resolution as I can just about access the settings (small gear wheel) in the game client but there is no video button in settings. I read somewhere that should be an option, but only way I can alter resolution is in my display settings, which doesn't really work well. 

I'm running Windows 10 on 2 year old Lenovo laptop with 4 Gb memory. Any advice welcome please? My thanks in advance.

Try this.....

[01] Reset your display settings and refresh rate all back to the default settings. In other words, back to the original display settings when you first bought the Laptop, and that should be labeled (Recommended).

[02] Download an fresh copy of the software and delete the old copy.

[03] Uninstall the WGT Launcher from Windows Control Panel only. DO NOT delete anything else in regards to WGT software.

[04] Reboot.

[05] Reinstall the WGT Launcher using the new fresh downloaded copy.

[06] Reboot.

[07] Launch the WGT Launcher and allow it to stabilize, then close it and reopen it again to make sure that it automatically updates its self.

[08] Click on the Gear >> Video Label >> and note the "Resolution" Panel.

[09] Clicking inside or on the "Resolution" Panel will step you through each available resolution with each successive click. CHOOSE your desired resolution: 1024x768 (default), 1360x768, 1366x768, 1920x1080.

[10] Make sure the "Fullscreen" Panel to the right of the "Resolution" Panel is displaying "ON", if not, then click inside or on the "Fullscreen" Panel to display "ON".

[11] Click on the "< options" Label in upper left screen and your settings will automatically be saved returning you to the Home Screen.

[NOTE] "Input not supported" = Windows System Message informing user that there is an video setting conflict. (the processor and the video card are in conflict)

[NOTE] Now the Task Bar disappears and the only current way out of the WGT Launcher without closing it is to hit the Windows Button on the keyboard. This all happens because the WGT Launcher in running in DOS Mode, now called DOS Window. YES, DOS is very much alive in Windows, DOS = Disk Operating System.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 3:15 PM

AlanP79:

They are not designed to work with the game in, or take the game out of fullscreen. Sorry about that.

RSS