Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • thestevster
    546 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:04 AM

CEverett12:

WGT was designed and created for computers , Then they hired a 13 year old to make a mobile version , All thee kids love it , With their silly coins and ball effects , Sponsors and useless 3 hole games , That's not golf ,  Golf is played 9 or 18 holes .   The slow meter helps the average player , The slow greens are for beginners .  I never claimed to be good but I can hold my own . 

WGT will lose a lot of players and revenue when flash is gone , There are a ton of computer players who are not aware of the new version , They don't read the public forum and many are not in clubs where they can get that information , So when they log on and see the kiddie version they will freak out and demand a refund for all the clubs and balls in their inventory .

Most people I talk to don't like it ,  So what do you think will happen ? They will find another way to spend their dollars . The grown ups don't want to play 3 holes for silly coins . I tried several times to get a match play game with the right conditions and no one wants to play , I wonder why ? Its 9 holes and no coins for the winner , With 13 greens and hard tees , Oh my .  What will the kids do ? 

The grown ups are on PC , Sorry we have no coins for you , No sponsors and no 3 hole games . Come and visit if you have nuts , I mean balls . 

this game was made for the pc..

To ensure the best experience possible while playing WGT, please be sure you meet our minimum system requirements, and take the following steps to optimize your system.

Minimum System Requirements

Flash version 12 or newer. Download the Flash Player here
    DSL-speed internet connection or faster
    2GHz Pentium 4 processor or faster
    2GB RAM or higher
    1024 x 768 screen resolution, preferably 1280 x 800 or higher. Click here for quick instructions on how to change your screen resolution.
    Systems not meeting the recommended requirements may experience the occasional swing meter stutter or hesitation.

Some players will experience improved performance using newer versions of Flash.  If this is not the case and you experience more overall stutters or freezes, we recommend rolling back to previous versions of Flash.

whether i will be playing the game in a years time is doubtful...

cheers steve

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:17 AM

CEverett12:

All the best players are on PC ,  I didn't see any mobile players in Atlanta or Las Vegas . 

Have fun playing with your coins .

Most people have the emails option shut off because WGT sends 10 or 15 a day . 

Quack Quack .  

Enjoy the penny arcade .  Don't be late for school .

I play both versions myself. pluses and minuses to both.

Also just to point out. Being so inflexible, adamant, and downright angry about the whole thing  is more indicative of  childish behavior than someone that just happens to like playing the game on mobile.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:27 AM

Mythanatos:

I play both versions myself. pluses and minuses to both.

Also just to point out. Being so inflexible, adamant, and downright angry about the whole thing  is more indicative of  childish behavior than someone that just happens to like playing the game on mobile.

Agreed bud. I play both versions as well, 3 if you see mobile and PC App as a different one LOL. 

They both have their pluses and minuses as you said. 

cracks me up to wind him up! Can't argue with a one sided view just laugh at it. 

And to point out Atlanta and Las Vegas, Netherlands and other championships they were geared to PC players so people playing PC were the only ones who could go and compete. If a mobile player would have taken their time to qualify playing over and over and over they would have had to play the championships on PC so it really wasn't geared to any mobile player. Now with the new Live Series we will see how it goes that people are qualifying on different platforms. Will mobile players be able to stream on the platforms or will WGT make them do it on PC/Flash, etc? We will see. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:28 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:33 AM

Fixed it ..

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:40 AM

Why get so upset by the coins rooms on the new HD version, if you dont like them dont play them   play stroke/play on  the 18 hole courses on the HD game they are all there.

Each to their own \-/

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 9:25 AM

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 11:25 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Enough already. Jesus H.

Seriously!

This thread is to discuss what's working and what's not in the PC Early Access version, as well as make suggestions for improvement.  It's not meant for players and CC owners to hurl insults at each other (or the developers) because they disagree or they don't like some of aspects of the new version.

If you can't keep it civil, take it to a PM.  

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 1:05 PM

Here's some likes/dislikes with the PCEA version.

• The avatar swing motion is nice...I enjoy seeing a smooth backswing at last.
    • I'm enjoying the closer view of the cup with the reverse cam when putting.
    • The swing meter is mostly smooth...often some stuttering as it approaches the ding line but not enough to put me off my shot.
    • The screen loading between shots (especially in match play) seems faster.
    • The chat feature is less distracting when another player makes a comment, and it's possible to finish a message between shots now.
    • The course reproductions seem as good in quality/definition as the flash version.
    • In match play I can see the club choice of my opponent during his/her shot.

Dislikes:

• The image quality of the avatar, ball and flag is poor and cartoonish. The shadows are particularly bad and look like they were drawn by a child. Possibly a visually-impaired one.
    • The ball representation is too large when in flight and looks more like a tennis ball.
    • If pulling the pin before striking the ball it is not possible to replace it again before the ball comes to a stop.
    • In match play I no longer have access to different camera angles when it is my opponent's turn to play.
    • Some (just a few) of the camera positions that I rely upon in the flash version, particularly the reverse view ones are not available in this version.
    • The chat screen feels too large and masks what is happening on screen, so if my opponent plays while I am typing then I can barely see what the shot does while the chat box is up.
    • The mini-map does not yet show distances from ball to pin when hovering the cursor over the ball.
    • I'm not a fan of the on-screen marker that appears during ball flight which shows the ball position when that ball is outside the area of the screen, particularly to the top. It took me a few games to realise that wasn't the actual ball.
    • This may be a screen resolution issue (I have mine set to maximum allowable and fulls screen when playing) but the player view when addressing the ball is somewhat more zoomed in than in the flash version. Mostly this is not a problem but it can be, for example on Olympic #4 (?) the overhanging branch is not visible as it is outside and above the screen area. If I hadn't played the flash version for years I wouldn't even know it was there until I hit it.
    • I don't know how to change my status/availability colour in the PCEA version.
    • This point equally applies to the mobile version since the PCEA is based on that, but it is now possible to see who has played club bracket competitions and what they scored before the round is over, or even before the bracket has filled. This removes the mystery element that the flash version maintains where scores are only visible once both players have completed their round.

There's other stuff in both likes and dislikes that I can't remember right now, but that's what most easily comes to mind. I haven't mentioned the meter speed or putting break challenges because although I'm struggling to adapt I will eventually. They are different, but not necessarily better or worse in my opinion, just elements I have to learn.

Nigel.

• ukvermonter
    2,013 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:05 AM

Got tired of looking and if someone else has asked this forgive me but is there going to the option to play alt shot with 4 people ?

RSS