Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 8:34 AM

daveparr:
    But once on the green Putting is Harder  than the flash/game  the longer putts from 10 to 30 ft have similar breaks, to flash but putts inside 10ft   can be so fustrateing

Yes Dave, Thats the biggest thing I'm having a problem with. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 8:55 AM

I'm seeing a stuttery meter most of the time. I dont know if its my graphic card doing it or what. 

Geforce GTX1060 3GB

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 11:42 AM

Here are my current issues with the EA program (and NO, I'm not reading 65 pages to see if any of this was covered already).

- When playing H2H match with sponsor active, when the match is over and the sponsor packs are coming up, I error out and have to restart the program.

- During Clash, when a new clash begins, I have to close the program and reopen it, otherwise I get an error message.

- On certain club tourneys (can't decipher the pattern yet), I get an error in loading- the message says something about vinyl records.... When I reload the program, the match asks if I want to Resume or Forfeit, and still will not load on the EA. I have to play it on a mobile device or on an emulator.... and the tee markers are NOT vinyl records. 

- The meter speed is never the same. I play matches with a starter ball and the meter is deathly slow. I load a spendy ball with a slow meter, and it's like a rocket ship. Sometimes, it's round to round, sometimes it's just what it is. 

- I have  yet to be able to invite and play a friendly from the EA side. All of them come from the mobile device side ( and YES, it is mobile to mobile, not to PC)

- When I look in reverse view and want to choose Camera 2, why can't I click on the 2 in the mini map? That seems intuitive. When I do, it goes back to standard view. i have to reverse view and then click on the "other" 2, to get that angle. 

- Why can't I lock the Top Tracer window in the corner of my choosing? It ALWAYS is in the wrong spot and I have to move it. Most times I just turn it off, but then I wish I could see the data in it, so I turn it back on. Just let me pin it to a corner and stop moving it. 

- Sometimes when I go to click on my ball to adjust spin and want to open the ball window so I can make a fine tuning, the aiming stick moves from the fairway/green to to spot right over my ball window. It's almost impossible to move it back. More than once while trying to move it, my golfer took a big swing and a miss. If I double click my ball icon, why can't that open it up? there is like a 1/2 pixel area I need to hit to get the window open.....

- Loading times are getting slower and slower. Last H2H matches from choosing Play Now to actually hitting the ball are 5-10 minutes. Trying to load a tournament, takes forever, it just sits and spins and spins, and loads and loads, then spins and spins...Then I find out I have the wrong ball and have to go back and start all over. 

I mean, if you're trying to make it like real golf, the duration is certainly getting there. 

Anyway, gotta see if match loaded during all of this typing or if I'm still waiting......

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:25 PM

The meter is so slow I had enough time to get a cup of coffee before I hit my shot .

There is no reverse cam on some holes .

The yardage on your clubs change .

Random conditions , I had to play on slow greens ,  WTH ! 

If you like bogies then Mobile is the place for you .

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:49 PM

CEverett12:

Take a look at the youtube videos that Young46 has posted of him playing most all the courses on the PCEA. He is popping in birdie after birdie after eagle. He narrates most of them providing info on how he is setting up his putts and shots. Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough to transcribe or execute his thought processes but others might be.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:58 PM

CEverett12:

The meter is so slow I had enough time to get a cup of coffee before I hit my shot .

LOL. I usually get myself a hard liquor drink. 

There is no reverse cam on some holes .

This is a little frustrating. After doing a bit of PC MP games liked that feature and reverse on putts on opponents. 

The yardage on your clubs change.

You don't need to use apparel for Iron Distance so you keep them as you are used to them. Take a look at what's available and if you don't like them then do not use any of them. That simple. I use iron distance when i play head to head but also play enough ranked rounds to be ok with both distances. Some players opt out of iron distance and go to 3w distance or some use none just driver. 

Random conditions , I had to play on slow greens ,  WTH ! 

7.4 to 12s. The slow ones are brutal and annoying but some folks can't play faster than 9. 

If you like bogies then Mobile is the place for you.

Knock it tight and you can begin to birdie most holes with or without apparel. But that's up to you. Did look and you are one of the highest level champions and I can't help but wonder if that's because you bogey a lot on both platforms, 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 1:04 PM

BogeyOne:

Take a look at the youtube videos that Young46 has posted of him playing most all the courses on the PCEA. He is popping in birdie after birdie after eagle. He narrates most of them providing info on how he is setting up his putts and shots. Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough to transcribe or execute his thought processes but others might be.

Good advice. I also would suggest that people who want to see mobile players they can download Omlet Arcade. Many stream live coin games, some stream regular rounds, etc. You can search many by their username and there is a WGT discussions in there. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 2:06 PM

BogeyOne:

CEverett12:

Jason is an awesome teacher

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:21 PM

arkage57:

Here are my current issues with the EA program (and NO, I'm not reading 65 pages to see if any of this was covered already).

- When playing H2H match with sponsor active, when the match is over and the sponsor packs are coming up, I error out and have to restart the program.

- During Clash, when a new clash begins, I have to close the program and reopen it, otherwise I get an error message.

- On certain club tourneys (can't decipher the pattern yet), I get an error in loading- the message says something about vinyl records.... When I reload the program, the match asks if I want to Resume or Forfeit, and still will not load on the EA. I have to play it on a mobile device or on an emulator.... and the tee markers are NOT vinyl records. 

- The meter speed is never the same. I play matches with a starter ball and the meter is deathly slow. I load a spendy ball with a slow meter, and it's like a rocket ship. Sometimes, it's round to round, sometimes it's just what it is. 

- I have  yet to be able to invite and play a friendly from the EA side. All of them come from the mobile device side ( and YES, it is mobile to mobile, not to PC)

- When I look in reverse view and want to choose Camera 2, why can't I click on the 2 in the mini map? That seems intuitive. When I do, it goes back to standard view. i have to reverse view and then click on the "other" 2, to get that angle. 

- Why can't I lock the Top Tracer window in the corner of my choosing? It ALWAYS is in the wrong spot and I have to move it. Most times I just turn it off, but then I wish I could see the data in it, so I turn it back on. Just let me pin it to a corner and stop moving it. 

- Sometimes when I go to click on my ball to adjust spin and want to open the ball window so I can make a fine tuning, the aiming stick moves from the fairway/green to to spot right over my ball window. It's almost impossible to move it back. More than once while trying to move it, my golfer took a big swing and a miss. If I double click my ball icon, why can't that open it up? there is like a 1/2 pixel area I need to hit to get the window open.....

- Loading times are getting slower and slower. Last H2H matches from choosing Play Now to actually hitting the ball are 5-10 minutes. Trying to load a tournament, takes forever, it just sits and spins and spins, and loads and loads, then spins and spins...Then I find out I have the wrong ball and have to go back and start all over. 

I mean, if you're trying to make it like real golf, the duration is certainly getting there. 

Anyway, gotta see if match loaded during all of this typing or if I'm still waiting......

Someone didn’t attend their anger management class!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:39 PM

MCalderon402:
    I can't help but wonder if that's because you bogey a lot on both platforms, 

I have made my fair share of Bogeys .

RSS