Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 1:38 PM

blackwidow1:
    All I can say is after many years and 1000"s of $ I will be leaving when Flash goes.

A question for you and anybody else that says they're leaving--what brought you here originally? Are you a RL golfer looking for a suitable computer version? Do you just like the game of golf and want to play and hang with others that have the same passion?

If your answer is yes then I ask you--what will you do to satisfy the golf urge? Where will you go to play or will you just quit computer golf altogether?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 1:55 PM

YankeeJim:

blackwidow1:
    All I can say is after many years and 1000"s of $ I will be leaving when Flash goes.

A question for you and anybody else that says they're leaving--what brought you here originally? Are you a RL golfer looking for a suitable computer version? Do you just like the game of golf and want to play and hang with others that have the same passion?

If your answer is yes then I ask you--what will you do to satisfy the golf urge? Where will you go to play or will you just quit computer golf altogether?

Really it's fairly simple. Most people don't like change to any of their rituals.

Very few people know how to adapt anymore. To anything.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 2:09 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 2:24 PM

Mythanatos:

Really it's fairly simple. Most people don't like change to any of their rituals.

That Simple? This is a product people can choose to invest in or not.  So people that don't like it should adapt rather than spend their time and money elsewhere, on a product they like more?

And people that have played this game for years and stop are somehow avoiding change to their rituals?

I don't know what I'll do, it's a year off and where this product and others will be then can only be guessed at, but I wont be playing something I don't like to to show I can adapt. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:07 PM

Mythanatos:

Agreed. Most people are creatures of habit. 

However, as WGT App changes overtime and more game types like skins, match play, stroke, Cabo & Whistler added and features enhanced that can complete with the web version some people may decide to give it a shot and stick to it. 

Do not forget, many of us spend quite a bit of time on the game daily either playing multiplayer or many single players (many both). 

So lets hope that individuals who are saying they will not make the switch will make the switch for any aspect of the game they may like and miss. If it's the social aspect, that is a part of it. but the current head to head it's limited to a friendly 3 or 9 hole random game via invite a friend or random 1, 3 or 9 hole games in coin games. On the current flash there are many other types and whomever creates it can also select the course, and style of play which is much more fun than the mobile / PC app are currently on. 

Time will tell and hope most people don't leave and can adapt. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 4:14 PM

Mythanatos:

That supersedes my question. Adapting is a choice, do it or not. My question addresses the alternative golf fix. Where are you going to find a game as good as this? Even the mobile version is better than anything else I can see out there except Links but that's a different horse.

It's about the golf and a year is a long time to evolve. We'll see.  :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 8:25 PM

YankeeJim:

Mythanatos:

That supersedes my question. Adapting is a choice, do it or not. My question addresses the alternative golf fix. Where are you going to find a game as good as this? Even the mobile version is better than anything else I can see out there except Links but that's a different horse.

It's about the golf and a year is a long time to evolve. We'll see.  :-)

We adapt everyday to how the game plays. Its a normal thing with us.

I don't see that its anything big. The good players will adapt.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:10 AM

I know a celebrated Mr. K. that owns a horse.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:55 AM

DodgyPutter:

Mythanatos:

That Simple? This is a product people can choose to invest in or not.  So people that don't like it should adapt rather than spend their time and money elsewhere, on a product they like more?

And people that have played this game for years and stop are somehow avoiding change to their rituals?

I don't know what I'll do, it's a year off and where this product and others will be then can only be guessed at, but I wont be playing something I don't like to to show I can adapt. 

Its literally the same game with better graphics.  See ball hit ball.  It is just that simple. For the life of me i cant figure out why people are having such an issue with the PCEA.  And if someone doesnt like it then bye.  No need to announce your departure.  

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 6:57 AM

JSmithers:
    Its literally the same game with better graphics. 

Also  there are very few Disconnects  its more stable, the game in my opinion from Tee to green  plays Superior to the Flash/game.

But once on the green Putting is Harder  than the flash/game  the longer putts from 10 to 30 ft have similar breaks, to flash but putts inside 10ft   can be so fustrateing

\-/

RSS