Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • mikegooner0
    13,860 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 8:00 AM

MCalderon402:.........i was merely stating i played both Formats and what i thought  and gave my opinion....looks like you just want an argument.....just like many others ..

what has the rest of what you said in your last post got anything to do with what i said....i though i was talking about the difference in mis dinging between both platforms....now you just want start an argument...i wont even bother looking at what you say next...tally ho..

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:36 AM

MCalderon402:

mikegooner0:

i think MCalderon402 might have got his wording wrong if you read what he said....well i hope so because i reached TL level on Mobile then i changed to PC and now reached TC and i can safely say Mobile is more forgiving on mis - dings.....but then the i found the putting on Mobile is harder than PC especially 10 foot and under....

but no doubt some will disagree....

People don’t tier down in this game so going from TL to TC will happen via natural progression or by you sitting playing easy setting games day in and day out. As long as you have fun it is what matters. 

Mike doesnt feast on red tee tourneys. the dude can flat out play. any ball any conditions ive played with him way too much to let you insult him or his abilities. Mike would take rock ball and smear you all over any course you pick. take a break there mr keyboard warrior.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:50 AM

• Oldtupp
    223 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 12:36 PM

Hi Gw like you have been here since2010 and don't like what I have seen .

It is a shame flash is ending  which is the cause of the changes 

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 8:57 PM

I understand what a pain this is for WGT, and I have never been an early access to technology guy … let everyone else try it first.

I won't scroll through 62 pages of comments and some of my questions have probably been answered, but ...

Two questions:

(1) Since WGT is continuing to update the product, can I assume the most recent version is always on the initial first page post?

(2) Are there browsers not killing off Flash we can continue to use?  Can I used those?  I've been using Microsoft Edge since I upgraded to Windows 10, but I have used a couple of others with success in the past.

Thanks for your help.

Tom.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:30 PM

jacktrade51:

Two questions:

(1) Since WGT is continuing to update the product, can I assume the most recent version is always on the initial first page post?

(2) Are there browsers not killing off Flash we can continue to use?  Can I used those?  I've been using Microsoft Edge since I upgraded to Windows 10, but I have used a couple of others with success in the past.

Thanks for your help.

Tom.

1. The link on the first page is a link to the download for the PCEA version. So yes it is always the latest update. Once downloaded the game checks for and instals updates each time you open it.

2. The Flash issue has nothing to do with having a browser that is Flash enabled. Flash will no longer be supported by Adobe at the end of the year so there will be no updates. Flash based games are not installed on your PC. You only “see” the game on your monitor via a Flash player. The game is actually on the WGT sites server. So the real issue is that once WGT decides to no longer host the Flash version on their servers you cannot play it regardless of your web browser.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:48 PM

20 years ago, I was a very high end spades player on a now defunct sight.  Some elements of WGT … clubs, friends, regular teammates, etc.  The plug was pulled on the program we were using on the browser.

They gave us instructions on what to do.  It was too complicated and I quit … moved on to something else.  So did most others so that site is now no longer.

WGT has to be careful.  Transitions have to be easy.

Tom.

• blackwidow1
    674 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 1:53 AM

I have been and looked at the new game and.....

All I can say is after many years and 1000"s of $ I will be leaving when Flash goes. After talking to members of my CC and friends I have known years they have said the same thing.

It has been a pleasure playing for many years and meeting so many people including the player I will be marrying in just under 2 weeks and I will be leaving a lot of good friends behind but I cannot and will not be continuing after the death of Flash. R.I.P flash you will be sorely missed.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:12 AM

A WGT wedding! Now there's a first (that I know about).

Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials BW and I hope the day will be one to remember for many years to come. ; )

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 12:01 PM

blackwidow1:

I have been and looked at the new game and.....

All I can say is after many years and 1000"s of $ I will be leaving when Flash goes. After talking to members of my CC and friends I have known years they have said the same thing.

It has been a pleasure playing for many years and meeting so many people including the player I will be marrying in just under 2 weeks and I will be leaving a lot of good friends behind but I cannot and will not be continuing after the death of Flash. R.I.P flash you will be sorely missed.

Congratulations on your wedding in a couple of weeks. That's a happy story anywhere but a particularly nice one within WGT.

If I may, can I just suggest that you maybe try a round a week on the new version? You have nearly a year to get used to it and WGT have that long to tweak it as well. It's still rough around the edges right now but rather than entirely walk away from the game you enjoy you could perhaps think of it as a new challenge within the game itself. I've been likening it to tiering up from TM to legend...lots to learn, but essentially the same game.

Anyway, congrats and all that good stuff.

Nigel.

RSS