Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:37 PM

I accepted? Did you even read why i posted it...

• CodyPeyton
    40 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:56 PM

I downloaded this early access and now I cant get into the pro shop icant do surveys because im permnanently suspended trying to get into a game is impossible to get to the only acces I have is like a target practice game or just kicks it back to the home opening page and have to reload everthing again ive tried to contact the people the leave a link to 2-3 times I cant get rid of it go into my settings and remove it and it wont remove all of it and its the paert causing all the problems

could you please give me a link that works or one that ican get rid of this mess please

thank you in advance 

• CodyPeyton
    40 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:56 PM

I downloaded this early access and now I cant get into the pro shop icant do surveys because im permnanently suspended trying to get into a game is impossible to get to the only acces I have is like a target practice game or just kicks it back to the home opening page and have to reload everthing again ive tried to contact the people the leave a link to 2-3 times I cant get rid of it go into my settings and remove it and it wont remove all of it and its the paert causing all the problems

could you please give me a link that works or one that ican get rid of this mess please

thank you in advance 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 11:25 AM

pmm711:
    The high timeouts is good because sometimes the flash-based game experiences disconnect issues so the higher setting the better as this ensures the match will get completed.  Usually there are zero disconnects.  The longer the shot clock the better too as it’s known that desktop players like to chat (vnb, ty, vnr, etc) as there is a courtesy in this game more so than in mobile platform play.  

High timeouts and a longer shot clock also allows more time for players to get up to use the bathroom, refresh their beverage, etc. during a social game with a friend (or friends if AS ever comes to the PCEA).  I would rather have the option to set these for longer periods than not have the option at all.  If someone sends you an invite and you don't like the shot clock or number of timeouts they selected, you always have the option to decline.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 11:40 AM

SamSpayed:

pmm711:
    The high timeouts is good because sometimes the flash-based game experiences disconnect issues so the higher setting the better as this ensures the match will get completed.  Usually there are zero disconnects.  The longer the shot clock the better too as it’s known that desktop players like to chat (vnb, ty, vnr, etc) as there is a courtesy in this game more so than in mobile platform play.  

High timeouts and a longer shot clock also allows more time for players to get up to use the bathroom, refresh their beverage, etc. during a social game with a friend (or friends if AS ever comes to the PCEA).  I would rather have the option to set these for longer periods than not have the option at all.  If someone sends you an invite and you don't like the shot clock or number of timeouts they selected, you always have the option to decline.

This is what we currently do in our club with the flash version, and use discord with voice chat. 95% of the time no one will ever go over 45 sec. but there are a few times on harder shots, or someone needs to get up and do something that they will take the 90 sec.

I would like the option to choose.

Dave. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 1:28 PM

CodyPeyton:
    could you please give me a link that works or one that ican get rid of this mess please,  thank you in advance

Cody, try logging out of WGT, then clear your browser cache, then log back in again.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 4:27 PM

MCalderon402:
    Well, many mobile players and even PC players who have done both can agree that PC is more forgiving on PC and therefore reason why many PC players have always posted some of the lowest scores in most tournaments. 

Have you ever played on PC?  I have and still play on both.  The mobile version is ridiculously forgiving on mis-dings.

You are talking through your hat either way.

The PC players that are good/great are that way because they have played long and well.

BTW - grow up and accept the fact that options for all players don't have to affect how you play.  Choice is better than fiat.

• mikegooner0
    13,856 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 5:41 PM

i think MCalderon402 might have got his wording wrong if you read what he said....well i hope so because i reached TL level on Mobile then i changed to PC and now reached TC and i can safely say Mobile is more forgiving on mis - dings.....but then the i found the putting on Mobile is harder than PC especially 10 foot and under....

but no doubt some will disagree....

• AlejBaran
    1,402 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 8:00 PM

fireman33:

Come on guys give wgt a chance they have a whole year to get it up and running. Just be thankful they are trying to make it happen. They could have thrown their hands in the air and not done anything. You might not think they are listening but they have an ear to the forums and see what we are talking about. A lot can be done in a year so let's just hang loose and see what falls out of the final drawings.  We may be saying what was flash and glad it is gone...

I, as a member of the "Old Guard" really hope you're right, really; but from what I have read so far in the different threads, and in this one in particular, I cannot help feeling somewhat pessimistic.

I think you are right that we should wait and wish that we be heard.

In my case, what I would most like is to keep the multiplayer format (especially, free coin or credit stroke with 2, 3 or 4 players), regardless of whether the other players wear a turkey as a hat or not. :-))

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 4:42 AM

mikegooner0:

i think MCalderon402 might have got his wording wrong if you read what he said....well i hope so because i reached TL level on Mobile then i changed to PC and now reached TC and i can safely say Mobile is more forgiving on mis - dings.....but then the i found the putting on Mobile is harder than PC especially 10 foot and under....

but no doubt some will disagree....

Everyone who has played both have their own opinion and if you disagree with my opinion that is your right. 

but, if you switch from one to another you will eventually tier up. People don’t tier down in this game so going from TL to TC will happen via natural progression or by you sitting playing easy setting games day in and day out. As long as you have fun it is what matters. 

RSS