Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:16 AM

MCalderon402:
    45 seconds it's definitively more than enough time. For most of us who play daily or almost daily and are at a high enough level and tier (past master) it should be routine shots in any conditions. I sometimes even make tournaments with 20 second shot clock and some other players I play with have done similar. 

Do you Ever see a Pro Golfer in Real life rush any shot ?

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:19 AM

daveparr:

Do you Ever see a Pro Golfer in Real life rush any shot ?

So you think you are a pro! Interesting. It is a game if you have not realized it...

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:52 AM

RedRockster:

Some of the additions do help a lot,  the larger course overview is much better and being able to zoom to area you expect ball to land is also nice.  I have notice the meter is much closer to the pc version now, but don't think they are exact.  Putting is still a mystery...  While I can make putts, my % of makes is way down from the pc version.  Something just not quite right there...

Well, many mobile players and even PC players who have done both can agree that PC is more forgiving on PC and therefore reason why many PC players have always posted some of the lowest scores in most tournaments. 

RedRockster:

Hope to see future improvements, more game modes, would like to play alt shot, match, blitz etc with my pc friends.  Any reason early access still show cross platform?

Would be great to have the other game modes. It has taken so long and still there are none available yet. 

I can't be certain but the WGT Launcher on PC is just like the mobile platform so if you are on that you can send invite to a mobile player and play 3 or 9 holes. If someone is using flash/Web then it shows as different platforms as well. I am assuming that WGT is moving away and will move away from web to those launcher platform and then we can all play and match one another but until there it is a different platform still. 

Anyone with different input feel free to chime in 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:04 AM

ScottHope:

MCalderon402:
    The worse is even those that take 45 seconds for a 60 yard approach with no winds nor elevation and still end up 5 or 6 yards away or take 45 seconds on a 1.2 ft putt. Like how slow is your brain to see there is really no change LOL. I have always asked for a faster shot clock in head to head.

Not everyone who plays this game is young fit and healthy. Some of us are older, physically and mentally slower and maybe even disabled in some way. There are a lot of war veterans who enjoy this game and they may well have sacrificed their physical and mental health for us to enjoy the freedom we have. Maybe you should think twice before having a pop at others without knowing anything about them or their circumstances.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:42 PM

MCalderon402:
    So you think you are a pro! Interesting. It is a game if you have not realized it...

l did not say l was a Pro,  your seem to read the forum replies also like a time clock  and miss the point.

\-/

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 2:27 PM

daveparr:

MCalderon402:

l did not say l was a Pro,  your seem to read the forum replies also like a time clock  and miss the point.

\-/

LOL. 

No, I see your point but your point is pointless!

I don't know if you realize but this is an online game and not real life golf. Or at least I hope it doesn't take you 4 hours to play 18 holes online if you are comparing the game to real life golf. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:22 PM

MCalderon402:
    I don't know if you realize but this is an online game and not real life golf. Or at least I hope it doesn't take you 4 hours to play 18 holes online if you are comparing the game to real life golf. 

Ever been to a RL golf sim?  This is that and just as realistic. Rent a bay with a bud for an hour and 18's a done deal, just like here.  :-)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 8:35 AM

You could put in an option for a ;longer shot clock in head to heads. 99% of the mobile players would decline it tho.

so good luck finding a game more than once every 20 minutes. 

There are some regular players in Bellagio that virtually max out the clock every shot. I don't know their circumstances and Im ok with it. Because i tihnk that 45 seconds is plenty of time for most people and most shots. 

HOWEVER... i don't want to be forced to play coin games with people  if they had 60 seconds. Because there's just too many that would max that out too simply because its there.. 

if i want some social time and slower play then I'll go to alt shot on PC. I enjoy that too.

There are many different ways to play this game. If you don't like something or something doesn't fit your style then find another method that does or avoid what you don't like.

Example: I think Unlimited play tournaments are the dumbest thing in this game.. So i don't play in them. But obviously there are plenty of people that don't have my same opinion.

The point here is that if you don't like some aspect of the game but the majority of others do then focus your play time in another area. Don't try to fix what most others see as unbroken.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:45 AM

Mythanatos:

You could put in an option for a ;longer shot clock in head to heads. 99% of the mobile players would decline it tho.

so good luck finding a game more than once every 20 minutes. 

There are some regular players in Bellagio that virtually max out the clock every shot. I don't know their circumstances and Im ok with it. Because i tihnk that 45 seconds is plenty of time for most people and most shots. 

HOWEVER... i don't want to be forced to play coin games with people  if they had 60 seconds. Because there's just too many that would max that out too simply because its there.. 

if i want some social time and slower play then I'll go to alt shot on PC. I enjoy that too.

There are many different ways to play this game. If you don't like something or something doesn't fit your style then find another method that does or avoid what you don't like.

Example: I think Unlimited play tournaments are the dumbest thing in this game.. So i don't play in them. But obviously there are plenty of people that don't have my same opinion.

The point here is that if you don't like some aspect of the game but the majority of others do then focus your play time in another area. Don't try to fix what most others see as unbroken

Well Said!

This one's for you. Tried to catch a match play and look at timer and time outs LOL. It's a joke. back to mobile. 

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Timer-and-Timeouts-LOL:550:0]

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:28 PM

MCalderon402:

This one's for you. Tried to catch a match play and look at timer and time outs LOL. It's a joke. back to mobile. 

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Timer-and-Timeouts-LOL:550:0]

You’re listed 2nd so you “accepted” those game criteria, 60secs & 5 timeouts” when you agreed to play the match.  You get to see those criteria before you join the match.  

Nakni setup the match and could have also chosen a 90sec clock (the max) and 7 timeouts (the max) if he wanted.  The high timeouts is good because sometimes the flash-based game experiences disconnect issues so the higher setting the better as this ensures the match will get completed.  Usually there are zero disconnects.  The longer the shot clock the better too as it’s known that desktop players like to chat (vnb, ty, vnr, etc) as there is a courtesy in this game more so than in mobile platform play.  I get that though as it’s harder to chat in mobile within the 45secs given for a shot.

So my guess is you’ve been a “Mobile only” player and don’t know this aspect of the desktop flash-based game.  Us desktop legacy players  do things differently as we’ve developed different habits through the years.  I’ve been around since 2011 and have experienced the game and it’s true developmental struggles.

RSS