Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 12:19 PM

YankeeJim:
    This is posing an interesting conundrum-wait for the new and improved version sometime next year and learn it then OR muddle through the current growing pains in getting there, improving along with the game itself. 

I have been choosing Option B because I don't want to go in cold in 12 months time, so I have a practice round on the new version once or twice a week.

That said, one important lesson I have learned is don't play the new version and then immediately switch to the flash version when you have a competitive round to play...it's hard to readjust that quickly!

Nigel.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 1:49 PM

I wonder if ranked and practise differ as much in Unity as they do in Flash?  8 )

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 2:28 PM

Wutpa:

YankeeJim:
    This is posing an interesting conundrum-wait for the new and improved version sometime next year and learn it then OR muddle through the current growing pains in getting there, improving along with the game itself. 

I have been choosing Option B because I don't want to go in cold in 12 months time, so I have a practice round on the new version once or twice a week.

That said, one important lesson I have learned is don't play the new version and then immediately switch to the flash version when you have a competitive round to play...it's hard to readjust that quickly!

Nigel.

I'm almost at 59.30 for my average. I'll the play mostly on the new app to get used to it.

I have to many mistakes right now on it and have to really work at getting better.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 2:56 PM

im playing more on new version than old.......need to get the putting figured out....its coming quickly......hitting more ding shots full screen smooth meter......how refreshing....

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 9:34 AM

Personaly l am only playing the new version  Not a good idea to hop from the HD version to the Flash as the games do play different and it will mess with your mind

Really you have to make a choice wait until the HD is as good as the flash version  or Dive in and Grow with the HD version

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 10:02 AM

daveparr:

Personaly l am only playing the new version  Not a good idea to hop from the HD version to the Flash as the games do play different and it will mess with your mind

Really you have to make a choice wait until the HD is as good as the flash version  or Dive in and Grow with the HD version

good valid point.....

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 10:29 AM

This early acces is:

the mobile version!

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 1:12 PM

andwhy67:

This early acces is:

the mobile version!

They were never going to  go back to the drawing board and design a new game    Mobile gives them the basic platform they can build on,  elements of the old flash game like  Match/play  A/S  Skins, can be eventualy added. and hopefully transfer this forum over to it also.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 7:46 PM

daveparr:
     Mobile gives them the basic platform they can build on,

I know it does!

I’ve been a P.C player from the very first time i started in 2012. For the last couple of months i’ve been mobile playing, made easier now to the fact i can now use a bluetooth mouse.

daveparr:
     They were never going to  go back to the drawing board and design a new game 

There isnt the ability or budget within WGT to do that. 

daveparr:
    elements of the old flash game like  Match/play  A/S  Skins, can be eventualy added

They also need to introduce a replay option. I agree a work in progress.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 4:06 AM

andwhy67:
    They also need to introduce a replay option. .

Agreed.

RSS