Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:22 PM

JaRTennBogey:
    I will ask you Scott--as you seem to be a wiz at all things PC related as it comes to WGT.

Okay JartennB, I'll have a look to see if I can find anything out.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:56 PM

Is your game set to fullscreen Jartenn?  Can you see your taskbar?

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 5:37 AM

ScottHope:

Is your game set to fullscreen Jartenn?  Can you see your taskbar?

Yes it is set to full screen,no taskbar. And with the options all jumbled together--there is no way to change it --as it is now.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 5:57 AM

I was going to suggest going into the registry to get the game out of fullscreen to see if that made any difference, but I'm not sure it would change anything.

But if you want to try that, let me know and I'll tell you what to do.

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:05 AM

Well Scott after i posted this i tried uninstalling and reinstalling wgt,video display option is still jumbled.

I'll give what you say a shot--if you happen to know what file and value in regedit I need to work with?

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:20 AM

Okay JB, I'll put together some instructions, might not be for a few hours though.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 1:40 PM

Here you are then JB, I get the impression that you are not totally new to the registry, so I'll just give you the key and value to enter.

If you aren't 100% confident about making changes to the registry, then back it up before you make any changes.

KEY   : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf\Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode_h**********
    VALUE : 0

The ten asterisks at the end of the key represent ten digits. I don't know if they have any security relevance, but I hid them anyway.

See Sam's post below for correct solution

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 3:26 PM

JaRTennBogey:

As has been posted before myself, someone else had the video section all jumbled up together.

I do not know how to cut and paste what i see here that well,I dont post much to the forums.

So i will reference you to the thread of "Desktop Update 11/4/19, page 1,post by Sam Spayed. His screen capture is what i see still as well.

Champs reply was---looking into it.

Your post was after his---your screenshot looks as it was-- mine still looks like Sam's.

I found a fix for mine yesterday by modifying a Windows Registry value (using regedit):

1. Navigate to:  Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf
    2. Change the value of key:  screen.customResolution_h3691086298 from 4 to 3

(Note that your key might be have slightly different numbers after the 'h' ... but that's the key you want to change.)

Hope this helps.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 6:38 PM

WGTChampion:
    MacOS version coming soon!

Well? I asked you a couple of weeks ago when and i'm still waiting on a reply.....

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 12:39 AM

SamSpayed:
    I found a fix for mine yesterday by modifying a Windows Registry value (using regedit):

Nice job Sam. That figure looks like it might be linked to the number of different resolutions we have in the game, used to be 5 (0 - 4) now only 4 (0 - 3). Guess the update that came through recently didn't work correctly for some.

If your video options page is messed up but you don't fancy editing the registry, there is an easier less scary way. Open Notepad and put this in it ...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf]
    "screen.customResolution_h3691086298"=dword:0

... then save it. The important thing is to make a note of where you save it, and to save it with a .reg extension. For example ...

golf.reg

... now go to where the file is saved and double click it to run it. You will get a couple of security/warning pop-ups, okay those, and you're done.

When you run the game it should open at it's smallest resolution (1024 x 768) and the video options should be usable. Thanks to Sam for the fix.

Sam, I have changed the key value from 3 to 0 because the numbers actually refer to the resolutions in the video options, and as 3 is the largest resolution, that might be too big for some people screens.
RSS