Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:09 PM

I have downloaded the launcher.... it ask me to sign in...since i forgot my password... i hit forgot my password,,  WGT sent email link to change password ,,,but it ask for current password to change ...HUM?  dont know my password.. sent customer service email see where we go.. want to help if i can with feedback on new launcher. thanks

Chris

PS didnt see option to log in with yahoo, facebook and google

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:28 PM

YankeeJim:

kavvz:

Yep, no problems with the download, install or playing here.

I read this whole thread and still am not sure if what I already have-an absolute perfect setup, meter and all for many years-is going to be intact after trying this. Totally separate browser and Flash version, never affected by any updates or such, only serves the game.

You know what they say about fixing things that ain't broke............

p.s., Dyin' to get  a jump on the future.  ;-)

Except that the flash game and your "game only" browser won't work past 2020. :)

I've played a round on the beta, and was able to make it "look" like the flash version.  Now making it play like the flash version that's gonna take some work / getting used to.  Shot 37 at Oakmont F9 1st go around.

The meter seems to be fast to me, and putting is really finicky.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:48 PM

WGTChampion:

quadrock123:

If we download the new early access, will we still be able to play the flash version while it lasts or will the new download over ride the flash version?

You will still be able to play the Flash version. You may find yourself on a version of the WGT website that does not have the flash elements. In this case select the MY ACCOUNT dropdown in the top right and LOGOUT. Then login again and you'll have all the Flash elements again. 

_CHAMPION 

Are you still going to have the mobile app? I can use bluestacks and still have access to my charts.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:51 PM

kavvz:

YankeeJim:

kavvz:

Yep, no problems with the download, install or playing here.

I read this whole thread and still am not sure if what I already have-an absolute perfect setup, meter and all for many years-is going to be intact after trying this. Totally separate browser and Flash version, never affected by any updates or such, only serves the game.

You know what they say about fixing things that ain't broke............

p.s., Dyin' to get  a jump on the future.  ;-)

Except that the flash game and your "game only" browser won't work past 2020. :)

I've played a round on the beta, and was able to make it "look" like the flash version.  Now making it play like the flash version that's gonna take some work / getting used to.  Shot 37 at Oakmont F9 1st go around.

The meter seems to be fast to me, and putting is really finicky.  

I just played and was leaving my putts short. Thats me not the game. I shot -2 for the first game ever on mobile.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:03 PM

DonCaron:

I have three computers, I'll setup my Vista for my charts and play on windows 10.

I can use my charts by hitting the windows key. Kat's does not stay on top.

Just wondering if a cheap windows phone would run Kat’s and Young46’s putting calculator.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:15 PM

Downloaded, tried it.

Jagged scrolling vertical lines.

Otherwise, the mobile game. complete with apparel boosts.

No thank you very much.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:38 PM

K7JBQ:

Otherwise, the mobile game. complete with apparel boosts.

No thank you very much.

+ 1000

Sad and disgusted.

• pcastleberg
    1,429 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:57 PM

Just tried it out.  Full disclosure I have played WAY more mobile than PC. 

My observations, 

1. for any PC player looking to play coin games/Turf wars this is IMO way smoother than any emulator.  

2. If you want to run a calculator go to options, video and choose to play it less than full screen.  I did this and had a calc beside it.

A. It would be nice if the window could be custom sized...the largest 16x9 version leaves a lot of open desktop. 

3. This is the mobile game, just ported to PC basically.  If it's supposed to be acceptable to the current PC only players it's going to need a LOT of work before they all are willing to jump without a bunch of complaints.  Things missing: 

A. being able to play 4 person games

B. so many nice camera angles...Flash wipes the floor in terms of camera angles/options. 

C. all the different game options like "alt shot". 

D. 45 second shot clock needs the ability to be custom set to longer times for friendly games AND needs the ability to add additional timeouts like is currently possible in PC games. 

Maybe WGT can get the camera options added...I'm doubting it. I think the basic graphics are going to pretty much be what mobile has and uses, I personally don't see that changing, so IMO WGT has a lot of work to do in getting all those other features added.  One good thing this "PC" version is able to play cross platform, so my hope is what this does is brings as many of the features as possible listed above and any others from PC over to mobile and allows for cross platform play again.  If WGT can pull that off and keep the meter as smooth as it was on my first go round, then I think that PC players could probably learn to live without all the camera angles they get now. 

That's my 2 cents....Nice start towards what will result in having cross platform play again.....LOOOOONNNGGG way to go to be satisfactory for PC players. 

• DadsArmy1x
    55 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 10:34 PM

I am currently using a spreadsheet, running 2 screens on the pc. Main screen for game and the 2nd for the sheet. I can see the spreadsheet but the main screen goes to desktop if I try and use the sheet.  If running the game in windowed mode, I can't see the bottom correctly so I can't put full backspin. At this point, running the game on an emulator is better. Never mind the the aiming and putting, need to re-think everything. It's 2 different games.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 10:54 PM

Hi 

Will WGT website be still available even after the departure of flash? I mean it will be less interesting n hate to do all the browser activities through the application.

Tx

- Carl 

RSS