Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 6:52 PM

The cartoon golf is the avatar. It is like they used a different engine to render the avatar then just stuck it on top of the other rendering engine. It sticks out like a sore thumb. 

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:04 PM

Looks pretty good to me and can't see it being any deterrent for those that want to continue playing WGT after the demise of flash.  I have to wonder out of all those slamming this game and the goodwill of WGT to offer something playable after flash goes - how many have actually downloaded and played the wgt early access game on their PC.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:05 PM

What's the problem with just sitting tight and giving WGT two months or more to work out the bugs in the desktop version.  Once flashplayer stops making updates, is the time to pull the plug for players to play the current WGT game on a desktop  Then do a download of the new version and deal with the new program then.   Whatever WGT game is downloaded then has to be a better WGT program with less problems or maybe no problems than now.

I thought WGT said the program offered for download now had problems.  

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:59 PM

Hi guys,

I am trying to install this on my computer but I keep getting some kind of error message.

https://imgur.com/a/ADlcb0B

This is the error I'm getting.

"An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install".

If I click Retry, the message keeps coming up.

My internet connection is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 3:51 AM

Yes, but you are the one that sent all your "friends" links to a site called One shot gol*, and said it was a seriously good game.

Lmfao

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 4:10 AM

Stil can`t get the new game downloaded, that`s all i can say about it at the moment.

Bjorn

• jack9593
    12 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 7:33 AM

Ok finally figured it out. Anyone having trouble downloading the launcher what you have to do is do the download then go into you hard drive (my pc) double click on the hard drive then double click program files (86) then double click the topgolf file then double click the wgtlauncher then double click the file wth the golf picture that says launcher and there it is.

P.S you can right click the launcher and pin it to your taskbar so you do not need to do the above everytime. I hope this helps.

• jack9593
    12 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 7:46 AM

Its actually on your computer you need to go to your hard drive and click on program files (86) and find it there I posted the steps on the reply section here just pending aproval.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 8:04 AM

BogeyOne:
    The game play is just as good as the online game. . .the physics are all intact.  Also, where are you seeing  "cartoon golf" here?  Same courses with same graphics only the golfer has changed and for the better.

BogeyOne:
    Looks pretty good to me and can't see it being any deterrent for those that want to continue playing WGT after the demise of flash.  I have to wonder out of all those slamming this game and the goodwill of WGT to offer something playable after flash goes - how many have actually downloaded and played the wgt early access game on their PC.

I agree with your previous comment about the avatar being different. I completely disagree with your view that it has changed for the better. yes the course graphics are the same but the player now looks more out of play and much more low definition. The same is true of the pins and flags, they look as if they drawn on to a photo.

I'm entirely supportive of WGT doing something to replace Flash and I have no criticisms of them for this, particularly with over a year still left to fine tune it before Flash is gone from Windows. But I'm not delighted with some of the elements of the mobile game and that player avatar is one of them. Pretty much anything that happens on the green is another.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 8:42 AM

Bowl64:

Stil can`t get the new game downloaded, that`s all i can say about it at the moment.

Bjorn

What happens when you click the link to download?  Anything?   What browser are you using?  Could it be a pop up blocker??

**edit,   try right-clicking on the link and select "save link as" then try saving to your desktop. 

RSS