Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:53 AM

LuckyTaurus:
    When I click the link to load the game it just brings me back to the same page???
    It doesn't take you to another page Lucky, it downloads a file to your PC. Check your downloads folder for a 'WGTLauncher file', and double click that to run it.

• tremelman
    8 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 12:33 PM

I tried the new version, but my avatar is invisible. I thought it might be because of the full screen, but it only becomes a black square when i exited it

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 12:59 PM

tremelman:

I tried the new version, but my avatar is invisible. I thought it might be because of the full screen, but it only becomes a black square when i exited it

Can you send a screenshot to members@worldgolftour.com ? 

Can you also include some of your PC specs so we have an idea of what you're using? 

Thanks,

_CHAMPION 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 1:06 PM

WGTChampion:
    Alt Shot and Match Play are absolutely coming. It's tough to say exactly when yet. When I know, you'll know. 

I understand that but that wasn't what I was asking. I was wondering if certain WGT objectives with regard to the PC version could be achieved with downloads specific to PCs only.

• tremelman
    8 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 2:26 PM

I run windows 10 on an older HP pc, intel core2duo, 2.3Ghz and 4 Gb of installed ram. the only graphics I have is the installed onboard graphics card

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atfok4c-aDd-gpRNurln12ZzfArKug?e=M6FcGl

above, I added a link to 2 screenshots from my onedrive account, I hope it worked. All you can see of me is my club.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:41 PM

I was excited when I started reading all these posts.  Then the more I read, the more discouraged I became.  So I'm not trying anything until I have to.

Have to go now, the short school bus will be here soon for me.  lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 2:35 AM

MGB01:
    has anybody loaded this on windows 10 using maxthon browser ?......can you tell me how thx mickey

I don't have Maxthon but the only browser that worked to download the WGT Launcher was using Microsoft Edge.

The only way to actually play the game was to turn off my Firewall and it started.  Turned the Firewall on again and no problems playing game now.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 2:40 AM

ScottHope:

DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL!

Sorry mantis, you can allow applications through your firewall, but turning it off altogether is very bad.

Thanks for the input regarding users and groups guys. As folks were getting an error where the launcher was reporting that users was not a valid user or group, I thought that folder might be missing. Ah well, back to square one.

I had to turn it off to get the game playing otherwise it wouldn't start.  I turned the firewall back on and game now runs ok.

I would say it loaded it's file so the game could play.  Might be a backdoor but we will see   lol

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 3:31 AM

DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 3:47 AM

I have two firewalls, one in Windows and one in my antivirus. Could turning off my antivirus one make any difference when trying to download the launcher?

Bjorn

RSS