Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Bombur
    755 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 12:29 PM

Friends, golfers, countrymen, lend me your ears.

I come to explain WGT Launcher, not to praise it.

My first advice is to use it in windowed mode, or you might have troubles, both meter troubles and, if you're using two screens, your second screen might become dark.

But WGT staff will surely fix it someday, for they are brilliant people.

Try to set the screen resolution to 1024x768 in 4/3, it's usually the one that works best, but this depends on your monitor too. You should make tests.

Choose options, then video, and pick 4/3, or some other option.

But have no fear, WGT staff will fix this someday, for they are brilliant people.

Lucky the meter is slower and more fluid, but beware of displacements, they are harder in windowed mode.

But have no fear, WGT staff will fix this, for they are brilliant people.

There's no reverse camera for the approach, nor a camera to see the put as spectators,

but have no fear, WGT staff will fix this too, for they are brilliant people.

The put is much harder to read, because the dots move more slowly. Many people advice to consider a double displacement in mid or long distance puts.

But have no fear, they are already thinking of a way to fix this, for they are brilliant people.

The green preview can help understand how a break will behave during the path,

but nothing more. But they will improve this feature too, for they are brilliant people.

To set yourselves green, you need to close wgt when you're green first, then start WGT Launcher. Actually, this could be done from WGT Launcher too, by clicking at the top right during a game, then choosing options and selecting visible to friends.

But have no fear, they will think of this too, for they are brilliant people.

There are also some other minor glitches, like seeing all your friends with an American flag, but you see them only when you invite them; you can remain green when you're in alternate and other minor nuisances. But have no fear, my friends,

WGT will fix it all, for they are brilliant people.

Don't be upset, my friends, the Launcher will surely improve in the future, for they are brilliant and honorable people -- and we are nobody.

Bombur (Vittorio)

PS: may Shakespeare's soul forgive me, and may his soul forgive the translatoor too

Thank STWA for translation

• seganti
    1,823 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 1:59 PM

Bombur:
    Shakespeare's soul forgive me
    ..urchi urchi..Vitto...very nice and dangerous post..:)

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 4:23 PM

Brilliant, Vittorio!  Bravo!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 6:17 AM

Need help for a member in my club ....Got this message from him....   

Hey JD

I downloaded the PCEA version.  I also updated my computer with all of the updates.  But when I run the launcher all I see are squares with no text.  This old computer is running Windows 8.1, but I don't think that is the issue. 

What do you think?

Any advise I can give him??

JD

• Roblet58
    39 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 8:19 AM

JD.

Got it working somehow.  Had to just let it sit for a few and it starting working.  I've been playing with it for a bit now.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

• jacktrade51
    10,834 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2020 7:44 PM

Help me out guys.

For various reasons, I need to keep the bottom bar open so I can click out of game.

But I cannot figure out how to size the screen to allow that.  Any help?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 6:04 AM

jacktrade51:

For various reasons, I need to keep the bottom bar open so I can click out of game.

But I cannot figure out how to size the screen to allow that.  Any help?

There is the Unity screen resizer that Scott shared. I don't have the link for that yet but I expect Scott himself will be along shortly and post that for you.

However, I play at full screen which makes the task bar not accessible, but if you have a Windows PC you can click WIN+M on your keyboard to minimize everything on screen including the game. That allows you to see anything else you have open or yo do whatever you need to while the game is still running.

Nigel.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 6:35 AM

Thanks Nigel.

Jack has two monitors I believe, and as I have only one, I don't know if any of my 'fixes' will work as I can't test for that. I have sent him a couple of links though. (Doctor Larry might be able to help with this).

You can also call up the taskbar by hitting the Windows key, or you can cycle through your open programs by using alt + tab key combo, known as the task switcher.

When you use the task switcher to get to another open program, you may need to 'tab' several times to get to your desired program, but once you have switched to it, you only need to hit alt + tab once each time you want to switch between those two programs.

P.S. Have not been on Win10 for very long, but apparently you can create multiple desktops and switch between those with a keyboard shortcut. Might be useful.

Multiple Desktop Switching

• FCRacing
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2020 5:17 PM

When i follow the link to download for Mac it takes me to a page click on a link for              play on the web i get a sign up page even though i am signed up and logged in can't access the download link for  mac os. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 3:38 AM

OK I d/l'ed the link on Page 1 of this thread a couple of weeks ago, and now after a mix up on my PC and doing a system restore I had to re-download WGTLauncher.

However I get this now when I hit play

Had a problem wiv PC and did a system restore, which meant I lost the original WGTLauncher.

Tried to reinstall today and all I get when I try to play is ERROR : golf.exe does not exist.

Any ideas?

RSS