Forums

Help › Forums

Not Done Anything Recently

Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:42 PM (33 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 5:47 AM

whooshdangit:
    . . . I think there must be a Walnut Whip hidden under that hat . . .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:19 AM

ScottHope:
    Thank you AKD, I didn't realise that your activity would be blank even if you were still active but only on certain things.

I think for those in a CC they would still show as having "played" if they did anything that counted for CDP, so maybe if you could link to last round on the CC list of players.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:36 AM

I think I might be able to do that DP.

One of my friends shows as having no recent activity on his profile, but on his CC page his last round shows as today.

Thank you.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:17 AM

ScottHope:

Is there an efficient way of doing this other than by profile page visiting?

If, on your friends 'view all' pages, friends profile pictures were 'marked' in some way to show inactivity, would you 'prune' more regularly?

May not be super efficient but it's how I've done it for many years.

Once on the View all page for your friends, I mouse wheel button the ones I want to check and it opens them in a new tab.  I do that for a bunch of the friends I may drop as I haven't seen or played with them in a long while.  Then I just go through the profiles tab to open tab and can usually clear out many in a short time.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:29 AM

Thanks hp. That's probably the only way of doing it (on a desktop).

Would be nice if dormant players were highlighted in some way though.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 11:16 AM

Scott,

While I play on PC I do use the mobile app, mostly for playing vids for credits.  However I've found the mobile app is a lot easier to review/keep/delete my friends list. The mobile friends list display shows names tier etc not simply the profile pic and it's sorted alphabetically. But I still have to do one at a time.

DJ7

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:58 PM

Good luck on your quest, Scott.. more to follow :)

hpurey:
    Once on the View all page for your friends, I mouse wheel button the ones I want to check and it opens them in a new tab.  I do that for a bunch of the friends I may drop as I haven't seen or played with them in a long while.  Then I just go through the profiles tab to open tab and can usually clear out many in a short time.

Never crossed my mind to do the above. Just have, works fine with one repetitive annoyance that crops up - if you're still around Scott: I'm using Windows10 & the Edge browser, every tab open has me having to click a pop-up to allow flash to run. Any way around that for my particular OS/browser combo?

Thanks in advance, matey.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:02 AM

DJ7, I don't have any mobile devices so I can't comment on the moblie app. Seems though that it's better than the PC for some stuff and not for others.

Thank you Wiger, next time I log into Win10 (which I hate by the way) I'll have a look at the Edge browser, although sometimes it does behave rather oddly, I'll open it, it appears for about ten seconds as a blank window, then it closes. Did I mention I hated Win10....oh yes.  : )

Thank you for your input gents.  ; )

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 5:02 AM

WigerToods2010:
    I'm using Windows10 & the Edge browser, every tab open has me having to click a pop-up to allow flash to run. Any way around that for my particular OS/browser combo?

Just tried it with the Edge browser,  that's annoying LOL.  I don't use edge hardly ever so wouldn't know how to correct that but if I'm bored at work again (slow time at work) I'll try to play around with things to see if that stops.

Using Chrome, it doesn't ask on every tab.  Maybe use Chrome for just that?  lol

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 5:49 AM

If I have flash allowed on a WGT page and I open another WGT tab, then flash automatically runs on that new tab.

I may be running an older version of Edge though...

Microsoft Edge 41.16299.547.0

Been logged in to Win10 for 40 minutes now, processor still running at 100%!

Did I mention that I hate Win10, lol.

RSS