Forums

Help › Forums

Not Done Anything Recently

Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:42 PM (33 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 3:28 PM

Hello,

How many of you go through your friends list to see if they have 'not done anything recently'?

Is there an efficient way of doing this other than by profile page visiting?

If, on your friends 'view all' pages, friends profile pictures were 'marked' in some way to show inactivity, would you 'prune' more regularly?

Just thought I'd ask as my 'multiple friend delete' project failed yet again, lol, and I thought I might be able to put some of the code to another use.

Thank you.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 4:04 PM

I definitely would!

You're like a box of chocolates, Scott. You never know what you're gonna get. LOL 

Another very interesting stuff. Looking forward to it. :-)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 11:59 PM

Thank you Simon, don't think I've ever been compared to a box of choccies before, haha.

Didn't generate much interest but I might push ahead with it anyway Simon, just for us. ; )

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:08 AM

Hey Scott

Years before, I used multiple friends remover in my Facebook. That app had nothing to do with Facebook though. But it worked wonders.

Also

There is one more app that allows you to follow multiple people in twitter. and many more apps which we all don't know too with "MULTIPLE" option. 

So.. there will be something like that you can also make or modify couple of above mentioned apps and thus works for WGT too????

- Carl 

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:46 AM

Hello, Scott-

I have appreciated many of your past fixes, and just want to throw a few thoughts into this latest possibility:

— practice games don’t show up as activity

— losses in multi player don’t show up (only wins, I think)

— coin room games (including Turf War rounds) and other mobile playing (if not 9 holes or tourney) don’t show up.

As an owner, I have had to be quite careful about booting members for “inactivity.”  I only do it if history shows nothing for a long time AND they don’t respond to a couple of PM’s.  While I would like to see mobiles try some club tourneys, if I see them help the club in Turf Wars, that’s enough for me.

So, I guess I’m saying club owners’ culling of a friend list would be done differently from the way non-owners would go about it.

Good luck with your project.  (Can you work on something that gets rid of PM pages x to xx?  I think everyone could use that!)

Cheers,

AKD 

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 1:07 AM

carlosdev:
    Hey Scott
    Years before, I used multiple friends remover in my Facebook. That app had nothing to do with Facebook though. But it worked wonders.
    Also, there is one more app that allows you to follow multiple people in twitter. and many more apps which we all don't know too with "MULTIPLE" option.
    So.. there will be something like that you can also make or modify couple of above mentioned apps and thus works for WGT too???? - Carl
    Thanks Carl, but modifying something else is waaaay over my head. I wouldn't even know how to get into these apps to change them.

Thank you AKD, I didn't realise that your activity would be blank even if you were still active but only on certain things.

I'll have a look at PM's, but I won't make any promises because I don't know what I'm doing and WGT could end up in a black hole, lol.  ; )

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 2:27 AM

scott - box of chocolates .

he must be the strawberry fondant .

cream always rises to the top .

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 2:32 AM

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 4:10 AM

craigswan:
    he must be the strawberry fondant .
    Mmmm....

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 4:38 AM

. . . I think there must be a Walnut Whip hidden under that hat . . . 

RSS