Help › Forums

DivatDown has played through

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 22 2022 11:30 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Thurman15
    33 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 8:08 AM

Dave Oriet, playing on WGT as DivatDown, founder of the OCanada Golf League, and the OCGL Country Club, has passed away.

Dave began the ladder league in 2013 and introduced league play to hundreds of players throughout the years. The league holds tournaments every night for the members, and he initiated 4 day, 18 hole “Major“ Tournaments each year, coinciding with the “Major” professional golf events. In addition, he ran an annual Ryder Cup tourney with players from several continents participating. Dave also provided Teamspeak, free of charge, to all league members.

Dave played over 9200 games on WGT, and countless other games outside the ladder league format, recruiting new members into the league. He was a “Middle of the Ladder” player but reached the number one position of the ladder on several occasions. He was famous for saying “I guess I’ll turn my monitor on now” in the middle of a game, and, “Good evening Gentlemen” when starting a league meeting. He was a Tourney Director, Head Tournament Director, and Head Administrator, and received numerous awards for his play and contributions to the digital golf platform.

The membership met as a group on 9/27/19 in the Tourney Lobby Room in memory of Dave while his remembrance was being conducted at his home in Windsor, Ontario. True to form, Dave left a plan of succession in place should something happen to him, and the remaining team of Administrators will be carrying out those wishes. We will play on, we will continue to form great friendships, and we will remember his leadership, kindness, humility, and humor forever.

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 11:51 AM

R I P My brother til we meet on the other side !!!!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 1:41 PM
    It is a sad situation Doug and thank you for posting! I haven't enjoyed being a member very long but sure enjoyed his conversation! Prayers for his family and the OCGL Club and Ladder. It is an awesome experience he created and ran for the players of any club!
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 3:50 PM

Sorry for your loss.  This game comforts those who are suffering in many ways.  It definitely took my brother's focus off of his AML.  I hope people realize this game is more than just a game.  It's therapy and definitely more like chess than golf.  RIP DivotDown.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 4:31 PM

Sounds like a good guy!

RIP

• Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 5:16 PM

Truly sad news! Dave was an upstanding leader in the Club and was a pleasure to play in some matches. His humor always kept the game alive and his dedication was enjoyed by all. Rest in Peace Dave and prayers for your family as they go through these tough times.

A Friend- Dad2147-Dennis

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:51 PM

My condolences.  So glad there was a succession plan in place.

But I see that someone is still playing WGT with that user name.  I hope that person has worked things out with WGT so that it won’t be considered to be a prohibited “multi.”  

(Another option for whoever is signing in as DD would be to sell back all equipment and distribute the credits to O Canada club members,)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:21 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:37 PM

My deepest sympathies go out to him and his family.

Rest in peace.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 8:15 PM

AlaskanDame:

But I see that someone is still playing WGT with that user name.

I would be curious to know how he played on Sept 22 and Sept 29th plus all this activity also....according to his profile posts he passed on the 21st....

already posted my sympathy....sadly I hope this is real!

September 29, 2019
    September 28, 2019

• PAGES
RSS