Recourse against WGT for "fake forfeit" in Coin Rooms

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 9 2019 6:26 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JAWS1919
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2019 12:33 PM

Good afternoon WGT Players,

In case you haven't noticed, WGT fosters an environment which is tantamount to theft - at least in the civil context. Often times, when you are in a coin room, and are winning, the losing player simply abandons the game. As opposed to ACTUALLY forfeiting, the player just ghosts. Next thing you know, your little icon is just spinning away for several minutes. As we all know, we have to exit the game, restart the game and then on the 45 second "timer" to run out on the abandoned player. Then, next thing you know you are ceremoniously declared the winner. Exciting, right?!?

Nope - here's why: Even though you win the match, you still get nada, zero, zilch, bubkis, in the way of a sponsor pack. Simply put, you've wasted your time and,  most importantly by a large measure, MONEY (those expensive balls have a very finite shelf life) to get nothing in return. As an aside, how can we band together to get WGT to either expel, or at a minimum to levy a massive suspension against these repeat offenders???????

Essentially, WGT is telling those of us who play, "we don't care about you but we'll continue to take your money in exchange for nothingat all." To be clear, I take no issue with people legitimately forfeiting - I think we've all been there before. I'm talking about the scenario as outlined above. This isn't simply a glitch, this happens to me on 41% of my coin room matches. It needs to end - now! I think that there is a very legitimate resolution to this through the courts; However, I don't want to go down that route unless WGT keeps refusing to acknowledge this issue. 

Please join me in banding together againag WGT so that they (hopefully) decide to a) take SEVERE ACTION against the offenders, and b) right their wrong by backdating EVERY "sponsor pack" that us players are entitled to. 

Thanks, all!!

JAWS1919

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 5:10 AM

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 7:41 AM

I’ve come to realize that this issue is somewhat part of the game. I’ve made a pop up list of all players who purposely forfeit on my tap in winning putt, and ones who exit out of the app to forfeit, and I do the same thing to them. If they can play the game better, I can do better, and if they forfeit on me in the worst way, I can do it just the same to them. I felt the same way before about improper forfeits, but this game is part of my leisure time, and no room for aggrevation.

I’ll get on board if you choose to take this issue with WGT, so make a petition form, I’ll sign.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 1:14 PM

joe, don't lower your standards to their level!!!!!! Stay the bigger man, you're better than that.  Don't let people start saying the same about you, that yore saying of them.  You admit that you're fighting a losing battle,  just laugh it off, and move, stay to the higher ground.  

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 1:36 PM

It’s not about lowering to their level. I will not tolerate such an attitude, and will not sacrifice my own time, just for their own benefit..I play a lot games, and the players in this game are more toned down, compare to others that I play against in my other games..I treat others accordingly, whether it’s a game or not. One thing I don’t do is engaging in rude chat, unfortunately I chose to not turn off chat, because i still play with friends, and enjoy a little chat.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 7:23 PM

SlickHunter:

It’s not about lowering to their level. I will not tolerate such an attitude, and will not sacrifice my own time, just for their own benefit..I play a lot games, and the players in this game are more toned down, compare to others that I play against in my other games..I treat others accordingly, whether it’s a game or not. One thing I don’t do is engaging in rude chat, unfortunately I chose to not turn off chat, because i still play with friends, and enjoy a little chat.

my bad,  thought differently of u,   good luck 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 8:56 PM

Wellllll the bad news is the members who use this forum make up close to .0000075% of the registered membership in total...the number that would even mess with this foolishness even smaller, much smaller in fact. I'll let you do the math! LOL

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 10:10 PM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 4:10 AM

You

JAWS1919:

Good afternoon WGT Players,

In case you haven't noticed, WGT fosters an environment which is tantamount to theft - at least in the civil context. Often times, when you are in a coin room, and are winning, the losing player simply abandons the game. As opposed to ACTUALLY forfeiting, the player just ghosts. Next thing you know, your little icon is just spinning away for several minutes. As we all know, we have to exit the game, restart the game and then on the 45 second "timer" to run out on the abandoned player. Then, next thing you know you are ceremoniously declared the winner. Exciting, right?!?

Nope - here's why: Even though you win the match, you still get nada, zero, zilch, bubkis, in the way of a sponsor pack. Simply put, you've wasted your time and,  most importantly by a large measure, MONEY (those expensive balls have a very finite shelf life) to get nothing in return. As an aside, how can we band together to get WGT to either expel, or at a minimum to levy a massive suspension against these repeat offenders???????

Essentially, WGT is telling those of us who play, "we don't care about you but we'll continue to take your money in exchange for nothingat all." To be clear, I take no issue with people legitimately forfeiting - I think we've all been there before. I'm talking about the scenario as outlined above. This isn't simply a glitch, this happens to me on 41% of my coin room matches. It needs to end - now! I think that there is a very legitimate resolution to this through the courts; However, I don't want to go down that route unless WGT keeps refusing to acknowledge this issue. 

Please join me in banding together againag WGT so that they (hopefully) decide to a) take SEVERE ACTION against the offenders, and b) right their wrong by backdating EVERY "sponsor pack" that us players are entitled to. 

Thanks, all!!

JAWS1919

You do realize that when you joined WGT and you clicked on accept T&C that you agreed not to hold  WGT liable for anything.

• PAGES
RSS