I'm Back

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 29 2019 1:00 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 1:29 AM

Hi People,

Dont know if any of you actually remember me, been here for a looooong time now - over 11 years - WOW. I have been having a break for 12 months and been playing TGC 2019, which is great, I am really enjoying it.  There are  heaps of courses to play and the game play is really good.

Thats said, I always keep an eye on WGT and Young46 in particular, and I noticed recently that he finished second on the 2019 Amateur Championship - great effort. I watched his wrap up and was encouraged to hear him say that he thought the game was in a good place going forward - which is great. 

So - I thought I would come back and have a hit - shot -5 today at my first effort, I still have the same old problems, cant putt and that meter is not good at the moment. lolol

I'll battle on though.

Anyway - hi to anybody out there that even remembers me - mind you "dorkfeatures" is a name ya cant forget easily eh?

Hit en straight.

Doug (from Australia)

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 3:08 AM

Welcome back .

Now get ready for around 20 country club invites .

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 3:51 AM

I remember you Doug. As you say, not an easy name to forget.  : )

Hope you are well and might see you out on the course sometime.

What is TGC?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:03 AM

Hi Scott,

I remember you also - good to hear from you.

TGC 2019 (The Golf Club 2019) is another excellent golf game, but there is a design function to it - so there are literally hundreds of courses to play. OK - they are not in HD as on WGT, but let me tell you they are very good indeed. Also - you just buy the game on say "Steam" - and thats it.  You dont need to spend anymore :-)

Different swing mechanics, just as difficult. Here's a link to them - https://www.thegolfclub2019.com/

I cant say enough good things about it. Not sure how long I'll hang in here, but I'll probably play both for a while and see how I go.

Nice catching up.

Cheers

Doug

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:05 AM

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:10 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the post.

As for country club invites - no thanks lol. I'm a bit of a loner really, I just enter the comps, and its just me against the course. I enjoy that. I did take part in the very first Ryder Cup ever held on WGT - and won a match, but that was a long long time ago. Its still the highlight of my WGT career though. Theres still some details on my profile page lol.

Also I just dont have the time to play a lot - I just jump on and play when I want to. Have reached Legend tier, but I think thats it for me - dont think I'll ever get to Tour Legend. Its to far away.

Anyway - thanks again

Cheers

Doug

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:39 AM

AND PC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:57 AM

dorkfeatures:
    I always keep an eye on WGT

Did you notice the new addition to the course list that came back?  :-)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:57 AM

Thank you for the links gents, looks very interesting. I'll keep it in mind just in case I need an alternative to WGT when flash goes pop!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:55 AM

ScottHope:

Thank you for the links gents, looks very interesting. I'll keep it in mind just in case I need an alternative to WGT when flash goes pop!

Plop plop fizz fizz ... for some people it will be a relief ... :-)

• PAGES
RSS