Help › Forums

Used Country Club for Sale

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 22 2019 7:04 AM (24 replies)
  • lilpup
    29 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2019 3:03 PM

Hello All

I need a little advise, I started a country club just for some friends a long time ago and never really done anything with it. I took a break from playing for quiet some time and upon my return I find there are many members now. which brings me to my problem. I have no desire to run a country club but I am interested in joining one but not sure what to do with my current club (Southern Gentlemen} I have sent out emails to everyone asking for someone to step up and take ownership but have received no response, I have tried messaging a couple but no luck. I don't want to just close it with that many members but I am running out of options.

any suggestions?

Well thanks for your time and Happy Hitting All

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 5:26 PM

Starting a club, getting 170 members and then abandoning it is unforgiveable.

What you should have done before is transfer ownership.

That is what you need to do now too.

You obviously had no clue what you were doing since every member of your club is a recruit.  I decided not to waste my time figuring out how many friends you have in your club.

Other option as irresponsible owner, is to kill the club.  The other active members will find homes on their own.  Check owner tools on upper right.  Apparently, you haven't done that before.

I despise club owners that go absent!  Someone that drops dead from a heart attack, or has serious injury … things happen.  They are forgiven.  Someone that walks away is not.

Tom.

(For sale, in heading: What planet are you on?)

• lilpup
    29 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 6:15 PM

Hi Tom

Did you actually read my post before you began bashing me sir?

• I had 2 members (friends) when I left, I returned to 170 members.
    • I did not recruit these members, wasn't even on the site.
    • I am not wishing to kill the club, I am looking for alternatives.
    • I have attempted to transfer the club.

In any case sir, I thank you for your uneducated insight into my problem and hope you have a great day.

Happy Hitting :-)

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 7:05 PM

Hi Lilpup. 

It looks like only about half of your members are active in the club. I would post a message on your club’s bulletin board and ask if anyone would be interested in taking over the club. If no response, then post in the country club section of WGT’s main bulletin board and ask there.

Then just transfer ownership.

Good Luck

Dave

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 8:52 PM

Players change their minds about the game,
    members change their minds,
    so why shouldn't CC owners be entitled to change their minds after three or more years?

@lilpup:

You haven't involved anyone into CC organisation - no Directors. Apparently, you don't have CC tournaments. I suspect that there ain't too much forum activity.  If so, being a member probably has not much significance to the members (all Recruits BTW).

While you obviously didn't care much for the CC, you do now. I can imagine that there's nobody willing to take it on his shoulders.

After following all the good advice here, you might post a message on your wall and close your CC for good. I consider that an uncomfortable but honest move.

• mega1byte
    768 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 4:22 AM

We will take your members , lol

send a memo to your members that you are closing the club and send them our way.

We will take care of them.

You are invited as well.

FFCC

Mega1byte

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 4:42 AM

If you were to cull your club's membership list, you would find that you have only 35 members who have actually played in 2019. And only 18 have played in September of this year.

Closing the club will make these 18 players free agents who will have to seek a new country club to call home if they desire one. The others probably won't notice a thing.

If you want to try to find a current club member to take over ownership, look at your most active members. There are two that I would focus on. If they are not interested then let the club go to a quick and painless death.

• JDGHOST
    6,768 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:20 AM

There are many good clubs out here that would take some or all of your "active" members and then killing the club would not seem so heartless ...So I suggest posting on your forum your intentions of closing club (If your forum is being used by anyone)... Then suggest members should look on "Country club corner" for new homes....This of course is an alternative if no one steps up and takes the reigns (which I suspect will be the case)...You could list the clubs of those who have responded to your post as potential new clubs for those interested....

JD

• Laslow0
    218 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:40 AM

JDGHOST:

There are many good clubs out here that would take some or all of your "active" members and then killing the club would not seem so heartless ...So I suggest posting on your forum your intentions of closing club (If your forum is being used by anyone)... Then suggest members should look on "Country club corner" for new homes....This of course is an alternative if no one steps up and takes the reigns (which I suspect will be the case)...You could list the clubs of those who have responded to your post as potential new clubs for those interested....

JD

JD will take ALL your WGT tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free in a new CC!!!  

I should "TM" that little diddy and make a t-shirt out of it. :)

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 11:58 AM

The Topic of the Post is used club for sale...

A club is a virtual thing. I have heard of people offering to pay for top clubs... I will repeat, top clubs. Yours is full of newbies only. Which is fine, but not worth money. Do like they said above. Give people ample notice that you plan on closing the club. That way they can find another club, or just look for one after you close it. You may also look for someone who wants to be an owner from outside your club... 

RSS