Help › Forums

How about the lipout virus?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:55 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 1:36 PM

Not that I know Jack, but, being that lipouts are mostly speed related, could this be the result of WGT's constant varying of green speeds to foil Otto ? Or, did I just wrap the foil around my head too tight again ? There was a time " Enquiring " minds would have wanted to know.

Doc :)

• PDorland
    2,794 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 8:21 AM

rjteeithi:

Just played 18 best of the par 5's

7 lipouts

Ik I wan't alone :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 12:12 PM

drmoose:
    being that lipouts are mostly speed related, could this be the result of WGT's constant varying of green speeds to foil Otto

They vary them but I don't think that's why, it's just realistic to do so. It doesn't take much, either. A foot or two off in the strength will do it. In fact, when you watch a pro event I'm sure you see putts where you go "dayum, that happened to me, too."  LOL

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:19 AM

There definitely has been an increase in lipout percentages.

• craigswan
    30,948 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:25 AM

It is all in your head guys .

Image result for reddit free golf gifs

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 2:20 PM

pdiehm:

There definitely has been an increase in lipout percentages.

Conspiracy theorist says: the holes’ grass edges used to be tapered off because WGT stick the virtual plastic cup liner a little lower than the surface, leading to more birdies. They recently subtly raised the liner to be even with the surface; leading to putts striking the harder plastic liner instead of softer grass and lipped out. At least this is what allegedly happened on PC; on mobile the liner has been even with the surface since forever, from own experiences. 

• PAGES
RSS