Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Bracket Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:52 PM (6 replies)
  • okiechuck
    6,420 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 3:20 AM

Folks, when you post a tournament and say LOW WINDS, please keep it at LOW WINDS. The last two tournaments I played the first round was low winds but, the second and third rounds had 25 - 31 mph wind s and THAT AIN'T LOW! More than half the players WD'd because of the winds.  And while we are at it, why do we have to have 25 - 31 mph winds at all even on High winds games. I won't even play real golf in those kind of winds and I'm from Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains, lol. But, seriously, those kind of high winds are just no fun.  Thanks for listening.

Cheers, Chuck

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 9:46 AM

They’re not wrong, however. Low wind is for first round only; any round after that gets its own wind strength. If you’re subscribed to WGT Members email, you get a reminder whenever a new round comes up. Wind strength for that round is included in the email.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 7:04 PM

If half the players are WDing because of the wind that is a great reason to learn how to play the wind. More wins for you.

Make friends with the wind.

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 2:55 AM

I love high winds, makes the game more challenging and unpredictable..it’s much more satisfying when you hit a good shot in such conditions.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:55 AM

okiechuck:

Folks, when you post a tournament and say LOW WINDS, please keep it at LOW WINDS. The last two tournaments I played the first round was low winds but, the second and third rounds had 25 - 31 mph wind s and THAT AIN'T LOW! More than half the players WD'd because of the winds.  And while we are at it, why do we have to have 25 - 31 mph winds at all even on High winds games. I won't even play real golf in those kind of winds and I'm from Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains, lol. But, seriously, those kind of high winds are just no fun.  Thanks for listening.

Cheers, Chuck

On PC will tell you conditions for 1st round so it's nice. but you need to adjust to whatever conditions come up the following rounds if you advance. I like the fact it's all different conditions so one has to play them all or try to know them. 

On mobile round 1 is blind. You just sign up once its full you see the conditions. 

The only change to brackets many would like is to have some for mobile only where we can use apparel. Like on PC we can play uneven on mobile we should benefit on what we use often enough in clash, coin rooms and regular course rounds we select. 

Best,

MC

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:58 AM

SlickHunter:

I love high winds, makes the game more challenging and unpredictable..it’s much more satisfying when you hit a good shot in such conditions.

Exactly, and having various green speeds makes it for more fun. I do not like the anything lower than 10 but that's my issue not WGTs. And sometimes playing with no wind or low wind gets pretty darn boring. For those conditions just join a club that sets up games from baby tees, low winds and slow greens LOL 

RSS