Help › Forums

Clash 107: footballs. . . AGAIN!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (46 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 8:28 PM

jacktrade51:
    Also not sure if Cong. or EH or Oakmont is next on no 13 green speeds. 

oakmont, yup -- forgot about that one!

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:19 PM

Luckystar5:

Agreed, if you boycott, give me a shout,  I'll recommend my team do the same.  

30 mph winds again will result in our little CC sitting out in the future too.  It's just not fun for most of us....and certainly not fair as every round is a luck of the draw.  We aren't playing for a gold putter any more for one of our members, but only for fun.  This wasn't much fun.

WGT is a business and therefore is about making money.  Haven't they figured out yet that they make a lot less money when they set up conditions like this?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:32 PM

Heavy winds for the comp only means it's the same person that starts the wekkly WGT comps. 

Heavy Winds is no fun

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:42 PM

Something that also annoys me is we have 2 hrs 20 mins left in the clash and we can't start another.

In that time we can all have another god only knows amount of games.

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:55 PM

mantis0014:
    Something that also annoys me is we have 2 hrs 20 mins left in the clash and we can't start another.

Even 7 years ago when I joined WGT....   you cannot start another clash match with under 4 hours left.  That's a given.  It is also why it is important to get first match off before 3:30 AM US Eastern.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 10:20 PM

jacktrade51:
    Even 7 years ago when I joined WGT....   you cannot start another clash match with under 4 hours left.  That's a given.  It is also why it is important to get first match off before 3:30 AM US Eastern.

I live in Aus and have know idea bout the time difference  lol It's jus another WGT thing I suppose when all you is in there range gets all the good prizes   lol.

World Golf Tour should be for all of us and not only in America.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 6:17 AM
    couldnt give a damm about clashes.....what does annoy me is when some clueless player calls st andrews (cow pasture...).....clueless about what a great course is and even more clueless about the history of golf.....thats my 2 american cents...
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 6:51 AM

MGB01:
    couldnt give a damm about clashes.....what does annoy me is when some clueless player calls st andrews (cow pasture...).....clueless about what a great course is and even more clueless about the history of golf.....thats my 2 american cents...

You are correct, but if you knew your history, you would know that it wasn't a cow pasture,  it was a rabbit farm  !  if you're going to call people out, know your history. My American nickle! 

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 9:57 AM

I thought golf had always been (fondly mostly) called “cow pasture pool” (as in billiards, not water), no matter which course.

My Alaskan dime.

Maybe WGT thinks high wind keeps variety in multiple rounds.  “Moderate” would be enough for that.

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 10:03 AM

mantis0014:

I live in Aus and have know idea bout the time difference  lol It's jus another WGT thing I suppose when all you is in there range gets all the good prizes   lol.

World Golf Tour should be for all of us and not only in America.

I think you actually have an advantage in the Clash timing, mantis.  It starts in the middle of the night in US/Canada, but that’s a convenient 5 pm in Canberra.

RSS