Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 107: footballs. . . AGAIN!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (46 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 9:01 PM

I guess it's because I get tired of people that don't play, have to put in their 2 cents.  The misfits love the completion of clashs, but hate the constant beating we get. Then to get beat up by those that don't play,  it's ridiculous.  sorry if I offended any good people,   

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 10:22 PM

jacktrade51:

We gripe occasionally because we hope WGT is listening.  (And I tend to suspect that WGT monitors find forums where multiple club owners are commenting.)

We are trying to influence clashes and compare notes.  We are not trying to get rid of clashes.

Yes, exactly right, Tom.  That is why I chimed in when I read what had already been posted here.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 10:39 AM

jacktrade51:

Our 11th match was PH.

So the final total was 4 St.A's, 4 PH's, 2 WC's, 1 CB.

To repeat what I said earlier, high winds (or champ speed on Merion, Oly or CB), really penalize players below TL and clubs who cater to all skill levels.  If I see either any time soon, I will recommend to my club we sit out the entire clash in protest.  It won't slow us from starting when I am asleep at 3:30 AM, but when I tell our members to shut down they will, subject to lag in hearing it.  I have plenty of custom course builders, not to mention tee markers.  We do clashes for fun, not to torture 50% of our members.

I have also been upset forever about the 100 cr xp discount on playing in club clash vs. regular round.

Tom.

P.S.  We are 39,000 xp points from 200 million for BD.  We will hit level 20 next year with our without club clashes.  It might just delay us a few weeks.

I took a straw poll with my clash players, we discussed it and are all in favor of not playing clashs with those ridiculous conditions.   We aren't a threat to the top 10 teams,  but we usually hang around the 25th position.  Not sure what impact our guys will have, by not playing,  but willing to try something.  

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 10:55 AM

Luckystar5:
    If I see either any time soon, I will recommend to my club we sit out the entire clash in protest.  It won't slow us from starting when I am asleep at 3:30 AM, but when I tell our members to shut down they will, subject to lag in hearing it. 
    I am on vacation for the next month -- with another owner in charge - and won't be worrying about the Clash myself.  Will see how things lie when I get back.

I think some deriders are forgetting that those posting here feel pretty much okay with the extreme wind, but we have clubs that encourage membership of P's on up and we would like them to have a better opportunity for fun with lower wind and non-extreme greens.

Also, the mix of courses should be improved somehow --- 4 hour stints or whatever --- but that is a different matter from the conditions, which imho is the more important factor at this point.

• iamvapour
    3,605 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 10:59 AM

Hi Good Holiday Sweet Lady in Juneau, Alaska.

From Los Anchorage,

Kev'

• iamvapour
    3,605 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 11:14 AM

Hello one of the Sweetest and most BADASS Ladies, ever.

AlaskanDame

Best to you, on Holiday, why would you ever leave Paradise?

Juneau, Alaska is lush.

Los Anchorage Man is Jealous 

Kev' 

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM
    iamvapour:

Hi Good Holiday Sweet Lady in Juneau, Alaska.

From Los Anchorage,

Kev'

Thanks, Kev. Enjoy the Fall season up there.
RSS